48 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Mauritius
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
simplesphere says

Hello everyone,

I apologize for my noobish question. I wanted to know what are the requirements for making an opencart theme. I mean, is there a set of minimum functionalities that have to be included ? like options (like in wordpress, author created options for setting up the theme) for adding this or that ?

Or can one simply use the actual opencart theme, give it a new look, add some basic functionalities like a slider, featured product, and so on; make it responsive, using twitter bootstrap and so on—> would this suffice ?

5 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
infohab says

To create an Opencart design you can guide by the default template. The important thing is that it should be a creative design, simplistic and clean. It is also important that you consider in designing the different views to be Responvive. Finally, if you need an OpenCart developer write me an email.

48 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Mauritius
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
simplesphere says

Thank you for your reply. For the design part, I am ok. I can create innovative, clean and valid coded responsive opencart themes.

I always thought I needed to have addon options like a specific php / js for changing background color for instance. That’s where I stuck.

But as long as I the basic template of Opencart, modify it, add modules and plugins, I am fine :-)

by
by
by
by
by
by