268 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
beetlesales says

Hello everyone! Just wondering how many pages are required/along with the types (blog? Contact?) for an HTML template here on ThemeForest.

I have been developing themes for the landing page section of the site, but now want to venture into the HTML category.

Along with the above question, do you guy’s/gal’s have any advice for someone attempting to develop and upload an HTML theme here on TF?

Thanks!

Thomas

277 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
+2 more
girlscancode says

I am very interested in this too, if someone with more experience on themeforest could find the time to answer!

812 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
iamthwee says

Hello everyone! Just wondering how many pages are required/along with the types (blog? Contact?) for an HTML template here on ThemeForest.

I have been developing themes for the landing page section of the site, but now want to venture into the HTML category.

Along with the above question, do you guy’s/gal’s have any advice for someone attempting to develop and upload an HTML theme here on TF?

Thanks!

Thomas

+1

1141 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
KarmaThemes says

It’s basically the same as for the PSDs… create as many pages as you feel the template needs. The high standard of themeforest will of course not allow a Homepage and an About page only. As far as your recently approved PSD is occurred, girlscancode, you are perfectly fine coding all your PSD sites to HTML pages and submit it :)

152 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
seal says

There is no specific requirement afik, but a normal html template should include a number of pages it’s considered appropriate for the design theme. If you are offering template for hosting company it’s nice to have the appropriate pages like plan compare, domain check etc. You obviously won’t have products, but you might have services. A part from that I believe the mandatory pages are home (of course) and contacts.

268 posts
+1 more
beetlesales says

It’s basically the same as for the PSDs… create as many pages as you feel the template needs. The high standard of themeforest will of course not allow a Homepage and an About page only. As far as your recently approved PSD is occurred, girlscancode, you are perfectly fine coding all your PSD sites to HTML pages and submit it :)

Well, the reason I ask is that I noticed on almost every current HTML template on ThemeForest, there is a Blog section. However, what’s puzzling about the whole blog aspect of the templates is that nothing is functional within the blog preview. I just don’t find it necessary to provide a blog page for the template if it doesn’t function whatsoever.

What’s your take on this?

268 posts
+1 more
beetlesales says

There is no specific requirement afik, but a normal html template should include a number of pages it’s considered appropriate for the design theme. If you are offering template for hosting company it’s nice to have the appropriate pages like plan compare, domain check etc. You obviously won’t have products, but you might have services. A part from that I believe the mandatory pages are home (of course) and contacts.

Thanks for this! As previously mentioned above, do you feel a Blog is necessary? What about the way it’s coded? (PHP includes, CMS , etc…)

1141 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
KarmaThemes says

Well, the reason I ask is that I noticed on almost every current HTML template on ThemeForest, there is a Blog section. However, what’s puzzling about the whole blog aspect of the templates is that nothing is functional within the blog preview. I just don’t find it necessary to provide a blog page for the template if it doesn’t function whatsoever. What’s your take on this?

Oh we got blog pages as well in our HTML templates, that’s first because we convert every HTML to WordPress and need that layout anyhow, so why don’t include it, and second because the user might need that layout. If it’s for a blog or if the buyer wants something else to do with it, that’s up to them. Also the buyer might want to convert it to WordPress himself in some cases, and that’s when a blog layout is useful as well. We just want to make sure to provide lots of layout options, but that’s just our way of thinking.

152 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
seal says

The reason for blog page in my opinion is because it is going to be converted to WP. Most of the html templates here are made with the idea of converting them to WP. I don’t think that if you don’t have this type of pages it will be a deal breaker, but that’s just my opinion

268 posts
+1 more
beetlesales says

I see. I didn’t know HTML templates were being converted to WordPress. So, as of now I’ve got the following necessary pages: “index page, contact page and blog page.”

Thanks.

by
by
by
by
by
by