268 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
beetlesales says

I see. I didn’t know HTML templates were being converted to WordPress. So, as of now I’ve got the following necessary pages: “index page, contact page and blog page.” Thanks.
Yea, I think that would be good.

Any specific way the template should be coded?

1141 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
KarmaThemes says

I see. I didn’t know HTML templates were being converted to WordPress. So, as of now I’ve got the following necessary pages: “index page, contact page and blog page.” Thanks.

I’m afraid 3 pages is a little low. How about a gallery page, services page, portfolio page (maybe 3 layouts or smth), history/about page, another homepage layout, another blog layout, regular page, you will need a single blog post page according to the blog page you already got, a fullwidth page, page with left sidebar/right sidebar…

How they should be coded you ask; well we don’t know your skills in coding so I guess do your best and you will get feedback anyhow :) There is no “rule” for a grid system but it will definitely make your life easier, especially when creating page template variations. I also recommend using HTML5 and the elements like <header> <nav> <aside> <article> and so on, just because it’s the latest standard.

Let us know how it turns out :)

268 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
beetlesales says

I’m afraid 3 pages is a little low. How about a gallery page, services page, portfolio page (maybe 3 layouts or smth), history/about page, another homepage layout, another blog layout, regular page, you will need a single blog post page according to the blog page you already got, a fullwidth page, page with left sidebar/right sidebar…

How they should be coded you ask; well we don’t know your skills in coding so I guess do your best and you will get feedback anyhow :) There is no “rule” for a grid system but it will definitely make your life easier, especially when creating page template variations. I also recommend using HTML5 and the elements like <header> <nav> <aside> <article> and so on, just because it’s the latest standard.

Let us know how it turns out :)

Great feedback! Thanks!

268 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
beetlesales says

Nope, by looking at your landing pages, I’d say, you’ll do just fine.

Ok, great :) I was worried there was a different standard or something. I always code my website’s as clean and minimal as possible, but didn’t know if I’m allowed to include PHP Includes or not..

268 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
beetlesales says

Nope, by looking at your landing pages, I’d say, you’ll do just fine.
Ok, great :) I was worried there was a different standard or something. I always code my website’s as clean and minimal as possible, but didn’t know if I’m allowed to include PHP Includes or not..
I wouldn’t do PHP includes, just stick with straight HTML . The developer might use a different programming language.

Sounds good! I may start working on my first theme within the next week ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by