• Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
SwiftIdeas says

whether the customers who buy your products are likely to be maniacs.

Love that. Too true.

We’re all discussing as if the current rating system is sufficient enough though, when it clearly isn’t. Until we get something that we can clearly understand and evaluate, there is never going to be a clear mark for why we get the ratings we do.

- Ed

149 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
IulianN says
Add to the list.
  • Never say NO to a free custom :))
  • Add free features asap.
  • and a few more ..

We’re all discussing as if the current rating system is sufficient enough though, when it clearly isn’t. Until we get something that we can clearly understand and evaluate, there is never going to be a clear mark for why we get the ratings we do. - Ed

A great idea here : http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/ratings-testimonials/63795

315 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
+1 more
bitpub says

A simple modification can be made to how the rating is shown – below the star rating displayed now, they should add how many 5 stars rating you have, how many 4 star and so on..

It’s very simple, I think it has been suggested before, but i do not understand why it isn’t implemented as it is as simple as getting the grades out of the DB and showing them.

Also it is ridiculous the amount of demands you get in threat of a bad rating. Envato should make a system that protects both clients and authors and I think that showing individual ratings is a great start.

This way if you have 4 stars from 4 5star ratings and 1 1star rating, prospecting clients can make a better idea about the items appreciation by users.

666 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
ZtarrZound says

A better question is, why not make the best item you can possibly make at the time?

934 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
graphicmind says

A simple modification can be made to how the rating is shown – below the star rating displayed now, they should add how many 5 stars rating you have, how many 4 star and so on.. It’s very simple, I think it has been suggested before, but i do not understand why it isn’t implemented as it is as simple as getting the grades out of the DB and showing them.

+1

I don’t get why this can’t be done…. when you have something like this it makes much more sense to buyers and authors.

939 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Serbia
  • Exclusive Author
aleluja says

Dunno. I have 2 files and 4 ratings with 5 stars. I guess you get it when the customer is satisfied. Just need one more to have a rated file :D

I agree what bitpub said

2566 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Elite Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Attended a Community Meetup
+5 more
ThemeProvince says

NEW PROPOSED RULES :

If a buyer try’s to blackmail an author for a bad rating. THEY SHOULD BE BANNED IMMEDIATELY !

If a buyer buys a theme and asks excessive questions (40+ in 2 hours for example) they should recieve a warning.

+1 if you agree

491 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
pixelentity says

We had a customer yesterday asking a few questions about our latest file to find out if it was the right on for him. Almost all of his requested features were not part of the file and we clearly told him so. Later we even talked about customising the theme for him but in the end we didn’t agree on price and he decided to leave it.

Today we get an email saying that he went ahead and bought the theme and likes it but rated it 4 stars because of those missing features!

For me this makes no sense. If a file is bug free, works like it says in the description and has great support, then why a 4 star rating only? Especially when the lack of desired features was known about before they decided to purchase?? Flawed reasoning IMO

DOK

5310 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+5 more
CodingJack says

P.S. I think we all agree that the ratings system can be improved, but that’s been discussed at length elsewhere so I don’t necessarily want to open that can of worms here (although I probably did unintentionally :P )

3747 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
+5 more
pezflash says

^ -1 :P

I would ban any user after purchasing, no matter what or when. :)

EDIT : Arg, so quick answers, i was answering George post.

by
by
by
by
by
by