3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
sneakyllama says

Would it be possible to add a category for responsive templates under at least WordPress, CMS and Site Templates?

812 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
iamthwee says

I think this was mentioned before. I thought it seemed like a good idea, but some of the more experienced authors said it wasn’t can’t remember quite why…

Maybe I can find that thread? Hm.

3243 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
organicbee says

I think this was mentioned before. I thought it seemed like a good idea, but some of the more experienced authors said it wasn’t can’t remember quite why… Maybe I can find that thread? Hm.

I believe it’s because reponsive themes would be more than just responsive, e-commerce oportfolio business etc…. So it would be difficult for people looking for a particular type of theme, they’d just be browsing a cluster of responsive themes, a better solution would be to filter by tag(like photo dune does)

389 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
EugeneO says

Responsive should be added the layout choice along with fixed and liquid.

603 posts Magento Elite & Gravity Maker
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
GravityDept says

It should be an attribute not a category as @EugeneO said. TF also needs an ‘adaptive’ layout option then. A lot of the ‘responsive’ items are missing the fluid grids bit, and this difference needs to recognized.

It would also be worth expanding the columns beyond 1, 2, 3, or 4. I wager 12 column grids are the de facto number due to 960.gs.

If the other marketplaces ever get PhotoDune’s filtering then this should be easy to add.

3 posts
sneakyllama says

For me, I don’t what you call the criteria filter (tags, attributes, categories), just as long as I can find all templates within a type (WP, Site, CMS ) that meets the one criterion I am looking for with one click.

7 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
+1 more
waveminded says

I agree… I’m pushing my clients only to use ‘responsive’ themes…

It’s nice to be able to search by ‘tag’ or ‘keyword’, but the results only sort by relevance / sales / rating… I’d like to be able to see the ‘most recent’ responsive themes developed on the marketplace.

382 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
WPWiseOwl says

While I’ve informed Envato support, for whatever reason(s) I still see certain recent “responsive” WP themes still being listed with a layout tag of “Fixed”. I initially ignored it thinking it was an occasional mistake but it’s rather chronic instead and may do detriment to site navigation / item sales.

How do I know they’re responsive rather than fixed? It’s either part of the item title or easily discerned through the demo. Filtering using the “Fluid” tag right now, hides themes that are “responsive” but simply tagged wrong. Hopefully this is corrected soon and permanently.

by
by
by
by
by
by