• Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
cosmincotor says

I think we can all agree that building a proper website is not a simple drag and drop process as Adobe would like people to believe, so those new “improvements” won’t be very useful to a pro, but they may surprise us in some way (hopefully not a very bad way :D ), we’ll just have to wait and see :)

268 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
beetlesales says

Just to throw this out there.. Most people dislike Dreamweaver because they can’t “afford” to purchase it. That’s why you always see them trying to justify Notepad + as a superior development tool. LMFAO !

2019 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Landonw says

Just to throw this out there.. Most people dislike Dreamweaver because they can’t “afford” to purchase it. That’s why you always see them trying to justify Notepad + as a superior development tool. LMFAO !

No. That would be if I couldn’t afford Photoshop so I was justifying using GIMP . Dreamweaver is for those who simply cannot code.

268 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
beetlesales says

No. That would be if I couldn’t afford Photoshop so I was justifying using GIMP . Dreamweaver is for those who simply cannot code.

Says the person with no proof of his/her coding skills. LMFAO !

2019 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Landonw says

Says the person with no proof of his/her coding skills. LMFAO !

If it will get you to shut up, I’ll bring you proof. I’m not looking for attention and I don’t know why you’re so obsessive about me.

No more on this, I’ll email you the proof soon.

2436 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
digitalimpact says

I have Dreamweaver and PS CS5 , both licensed. But I still don’t like the first when it comes to web dev.

You see, after a few years, you get to a point where stuff like speed, bundles, multiple select and other stuff improve your workflow so much that you just can’t afford to waste time going back to Dreamweaver :)

But then again, I don’t have proof either so don’t listen to me ;)

315 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
SyamilMJ says

In the end it’s just about what works best for you. Dreamweaver and a lot of other editors while having tremendous amount of tools and features still require manual hand coding. I have not yet seen a pure ‘visual coding’ IDE (a loose term here) for web development as of yet.

Most importantly your editor’s preference really has no correlation at all to your coding skills, financial status and/or intelligence. :)

2 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
ultrageoff says

I use Dreamweaver, to make sites for people who pay me, and I really believe it helps me make better websites. With DW, it is quick and easy to make changes to your pages as you develop them. I’m not talking about being able to change the path to a different jpg that you have been told will be better; I’m talking about the sort of web designing that involves such things as needing to assess which arrangement of six photos, chosen from around 150 or so, would look best. With DW you can change/swap/resize images at speed, quickly try out different options and make your decisions based on what you can see in front of you. The find/change tool is really excellent, and allows me to update a navmenu with 100 % accuracy, and confidence, across a whole site – with most of the simpler tools, there’d be need for a laborious QA check to ensure that the change I wanted had actually been implimented. Yes, I know site-wide navmenu mods are easy to achieve with PHP includes, but pure CSS /html sites load much faster than the PHP -laden competition. It is always possible to hand code, but because I have DW (and some other really handy software packages that let me try out different approaches often, quite literally, in one click) I’m more likely to trial and refine different solutions until I find a layout and styling that I feel works well rather than merely adequately. To me, much of the web really looks as if it was hand-coded, i.e. that finding a better way to present the information and options was just too much trouble.

751 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
CyberShot says

I feel like anyone who says hand coding over dreamweaver is better is being a kind of snob. Don’t get me wrong, not trying to be negative here. Just trying to explain my point of view. I use dreamweaver every day. Not the drag and drop options it has. I use the code editor for hand coding. I like the way that it can set up a site, hook up to a database, it has many tools that are good for that. I like the way it manages my many websites. I like that I can use it to quickly attach a css file or script. Yes, I know how to hand code it but why not use the fast features?

I also do believe that it does make me a better coder. The design view shows problems that the browsers often do not show. So by making it look good in dreamweaver, I feel like I am making my site more correct.

You don’t have to use the newbie features that dreamweaver offers. There are plenty of advanced options for coders of all skill levels. One other thing that I like is that I can set up my site definition so that when I press Control + S to save a file, it will automatically upload to the site. I can also sync the site with my local files so that any file that isn’t on my local machine will be deleted from my remote site. If you haven’t used Dreamweaver in years then I think you should give it a try before calling it a tool for newbs. I do understand you point of view on it though. I just think it is a little snobby.

by
by
by
by
by
by