• Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
infuse01 says

It is quite funny to see new responsive themes and templates are released everyday, but the network itself remains the same. Actually I’m talking about the Tuts-Network and the Appstorm-Sites which could already need a responsive layout since it simply hurts reading an article on a smartphone. I understand that a responsive layout for the marketplaces won’t be useful at all (except for tablets maybe) but the Tuts-Network and the Appstorm-Sites could really need it.

So my question is: Are there any plans about when these sites will be ready for smartphones?

911 posts Never trust a ballerina with a moustache
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+1 more
Carmen says

Thanks for your feedback infuse01, it’s great to hear your opinions on how we can improve and make your experience better. :)

639 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Haiti
Crakken says

It’s even funnier to see a website talking about responsiveness, even teaching you how to create responsive websites while they aren’t :D

14 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Netherlands
tomdekok says

I really have to agree to this. Even though it probably is a huge job, at least Themeforest of all marketplaces should be responsive now.

The first time I wanted to browse themes on my iPhone I really expected a responsive design. It isn’t and it took al lot of pinching to manoeuvre my way through. It would be nice to have it :)

Thanks! Tom

115 posts WordPress Wizard
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
CODE9RS says

Hi.

A nice “plus” to the website, but the marketplace still has toooo many improvements that are more important like:

- remove or really improve the rating system - Allow more than one item of the same author in homepage

These are just a example :)

Cheers, Rafael Angeline

315 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
SuggeElson says

I visit site form my iphone every day so responsive is a good think ;)

1499 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Staff
+5 more
collis Staff says

Can I say … I agree!!! :-S

It’s pretty embarassing to be running Mobiletuts+ and iPhone.AppStorm, not to mention Webdesigntuts+, ThemeForest, Nettuts+, etc, and not be responsive!

We moved RockablePress and Creattica to new responsive designs earlier this year, and Tuts+ is due next. The Marketplaces is one that we haven’t properly looked at because there are so many other priorities here plus mobile buying of items is a smaller use case. But a mobile strategy for the marketplaces should definitely be on the cards. We’ll have to get rid of those darn .flv footage preview files (argh!)

2328 posts Small, but tough
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+4 more
EFEKT_Studio says

It’s pretty embarassing to be running Mobiletuts+ and iPhone.AppStorm, not to mention Webdesigntuts+, ThemeForest, Nettuts+, etc, and not be responsive!

We moved RockablePress and Creattica to new responsive designs earlier this year, and Tuts+ is due next. The Marketplaces is one that we haven’t properly looked at because there are so many other priorities here plus mobile buying of items is a smaller use case. But a mobile strategy for the marketplaces should definitely be on the cards. We’ll have to get rid of those darn .flv footage preview files (argh!)

Please do :) I often want to watch videohive projects via my iPhone, but that’s not possible. I think mpeg4 would be fine. Just a thought.

2441 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
digitalimpact says

When on my phone, I always read Tuts+ in the Reader. But since the Reader isn’t available on any phone, I do have to agree – Tuts+ needs to cater more for mobile users.

The marketplace – I don’t know about this, I wouldn’t buy an item just by looking at it on my phone. Maybe graphic/video stuff, but anything that involves code, I need to see that source :D

1815 posts Videohive author & moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Referred more than 2000 users
+7 more
Mocarg Volunteer moderator says

Please do :) I often want to watch videohive projects via my iPhone, but that’s not possible. I think mpeg4 would be fine. Just a thought.

+1 to mpeg4 :)

by
by
by
by
by
by