145 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
PixFee says

I was thinking the about the same thing yesterday when i was looking on Envato on my iPhone… It will be a huge feature to make it responsive… at least Tuts+... there also is an iPhone app on AppStore for Tuts+ but, it’s almost usless… Try to improve this Envato !!! :)

90 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • South Africa
Net-Labs says

Hi.

A nice “plus” to the website, but the marketplace still has toooo many improvements that are more important like:

- remove or really improve the rating system

+1

don’t remove, just improve.

894 posts
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
infuse01 says

Yeah of course, it is fully understandable that there are more important features for the marketplaces in the pipeline. I’m just happy that you’re planning to bring the Tuts Network soon, optimized on our smartphones, so we can read and contribute to the top stuff even while we’re on the go :D

1236 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+3 more
Pricop says

I wish that the Marketplaces to be Responsive B-)

1860 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Elite Author
+1 more
FRESHFACE says

Can I say … I agree!!! :-S

It’s pretty embarassing to be running Mobiletuts+ and iPhone.AppStorm, not to mention Webdesigntuts+, ThemeForest, Nettuts+, etc, and not be responsive!

We moved RockablePress and Creattica to new responsive designs earlier this year, and Tuts+ is due next. The Marketplaces is one that we haven’t properly looked at because there are so many other priorities here plus mobile buying of items is a smaller use case. But a mobile strategy for the marketplaces should definitely be on the cards. We’ll have to get rid of those darn .flv footage preview files (argh!)

Have you ever thought about cutting down the number of Envato products and trademarks? Maybe it didn’t make sense a few years back because it helped to grow the marketplaces but what about now with almost 2mil members? Congrats by the way :)

Buying mobile is definitely a small use case, this is not a type of job you want to do from a mobile device. —But, not sure if it would be possible, creating mobile versions of forums and item comments could actually bring faster support and more community interaction. Either way there are other bigger priorities like you said.

14 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Netherlands
tomdekok says

I suspected that because buying doesn’t work well from a mobile device, this wasn’t priority. However, I wonder if many members don’t have credits. In that case buying would be as simple as from a desktop.

Also, I would perhaps not buy from my iPhone, but I certainly want to browse and keep up to date with new additions. I spend a lot of time going through them and it would be nice to do that when somewhere else. Buying I can do later, but then at least I have saved time that way.

90 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • South Africa
Net-Labs says

—But, not sure if it would be possible, creating mobile versions of forums and item comments could actually bring faster support and more community interaction. Either way there are other bigger priorities like you said.

+1

49 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • United Kingdom
asifnm7 says

I think most developers/designer would be using a desktop/laptop most of the time but I first came across the site on a phone so I know that it would certainly be an improvement but not a massive necessity. By the way just though that I would say this (trust me I’m not sucking up); this is by far the best marketplace for sites I have seen, and the forums are on a whole different level, professional staff and non-troll members.

3747 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
+5 more
pezflash says

Am i the only one who is not mad about responsiveness?
Sometimes surfing on my mobile i just hate to find a responsive/mobile version of some sites, i just prefer to see the classic version and easily tap/zoom to focus on columns/areas/content.

I think sometimes is better a clever site, then an APP for certain web services of the company, if any.

5727 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Am i the only one who is not mad about responsiveness?
Sometimes surfing on my mobile i just hate to find a responsive/mobile version of some sites, i just prefer to see the classic version and easily tap/zoom to focus on columns/areas/content.

It depends on the site. For Tuts+ I guess a single column – long vertical scroll page with readable size text can serve better. The inline screenshots/images can be clickable to enlarge/close.

by
by
by
by
by
by