52 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+2 more
ReneMerino says

So I have an HTML template which is responsive and works fine in desktops and mobile devices, however that same template I turned it into a wordpress theme using the same style sheets and everything but its not responsive, its responsive when viewed in desktop but when you see it on a mobile device it still looks like the desktop and not the mobile version, any idea why?

Thanks.

365 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
OrangeIdea says
may be you forgot to add this:
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
52 posts
+2 more
ReneMerino says

That was it, I forgot I didnt copy the head part from the HTML template to the wordpress one

Muchas Gracias.

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
1Virpi says

So I have an HTML template which is responsive and works fine in desktops and mobile devices, however that same template I turned it into a wordpress theme using the same style sheets and everything but its not responsive, its responsive when viewed in desktop but when you see it on a mobile device it still looks like the desktop and not the mobile version, any idea why? Thanks.

What is the difference between the responsive HTML template and a WP theme? Is it a lot of work to convert the responsive HTML template to a WP theme/skin?

268 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
girlscancode says

So I have an HTML template which is responsive and works fine in desktops and mobile devices, however that same template I turned it into a wordpress theme using the same style sheets and everything but its not responsive, its responsive when viewed in desktop but when you see it on a mobile device it still looks like the desktop and not the mobile version, any idea why? Thanks.
What is the difference between the responsive HTML template and a WP theme? Is it a lot of work to convert the responsive HTML template to a WP theme/skin?

The main difference between responsive HTML template and a responsive WP theme is the same as it is between a regular HTML template and a regular WP theme: in HTML you need to modify everything by hand – this means you need to have coding skills and a lot of hours to spend. In WordPress you can modify almost everything from the back-end, in an interface that looks a lot like a regular desktop based text editor (like MS Word, for example). Also, in WordPress you can modify with a single click a feature present on all the website’s pages (for example the website’s title), while in HTML you need to manually go through all these pages and modify that feature.

It is a lot of work to convert any HTML to WordPress. This work can take anywhere from a couple of days to 6 months, or even more, at a rate of 8 hours per day

7 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
zero1 says

It is a lot of work to convert any HTML to WordPress. This work can take anywhere from a couple of days to 6 months, or even more, at a rate of 8 hours per day
52 posts
+2 more
ReneMerino says

so this fine lady made it to this post, some caption would be nice! :p

119 posts
  • Located in Europe
silver530 says
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, minimum-scale=1, maximum-scale=1">
119 posts
  • Located in Europe
silver530 says

Did you use enqueue functionality for scripts and styles?

1774 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

He already said the issue is fixed, no need to post the same solution twice

by
by
by
by