14 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
ReikiStudios says

Hey I am looking for some help, I’ve created almost a complete html web page and finished about 90% of my css; I am trying to learn how to format PHP into my html design. When I try to run any kind of PHP script onto my computer it doesnt seem to show up, when I select the webpage with the PHP script inside it, it only displays on the web as code itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I’ll send anyone the code that feels like they can help as well.

1712 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+2 more
FinalDestiny says

make sure you have Apache and PHP installed on your local host

14 posts
  • Exclusive Author
ReikiStudios says

I have installed the Wamp server onto my laptop which says that it includes Apache, PHP , and MySQL in it. Do I need to place the folder containing my website into the “Your Projects” section because I downloaded a WordPress pre-made website and placed it into that and it runs perfectly, but when I placed another folder, with a website formatted with PHP and WordPress, into the “Your Projects” section and ran it a “Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_header() in C:\wamp\www\cleancut\index.php on line 1” shows up.

284 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
Shellbot says

Ok so PHP is working fine, but that error means that the function “get_header” doesn’t exist, so when you call it from index.php you get the fatal error.

Is “cleancut” a WordPress theme folder? You’ll need to install WordPress, and then put your theme folder inside wp-content/themes. Trying to access the theme itself directly as I suspect you’re doing doesn’t work because functions like get_header rely on it being inside a WordPress install.

14 posts
  • Exclusive Author
ReikiStudios says

Thank you I did that and it finally began to run the PHP script, but now it looks like when I try to adjust it via WordPress, it looks like the themes that are already inside the wp-content/themes folder, Cleancut was a design that my friend made and should look like this: http://themeforest.net/item/cleancut-corporate-portfolio-wordpress-theme/full_screen_preview/2866566

but instead it looks like the twenty eleven and twenty ten wordpress test sites with parent page and child page in the menu and test-site as the logo not cleancut.

284 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
Shellbot says

Once you’ve installed WordPress and you’ve put the Cleancut folder inside wp-content/themes you’ll need to set WP to actually use that theme. In the admin panel, go to Appearance > Themes and it should be displayed alongside TwentyTen etc.

If your Cleancut theme doesn’t show up on that page, then you’ve copied the wrong folder into the themes directory. But start there and let me know :)

14 posts
  • Exclusive Author
ReikiStudios says

I placed it inside the “wp-content/themes” folder and activated it in the themes via WordPress but its still displaying all the posts and menus that display when the “twenty ten” or “twenty eleven” theme was activated. The website is now displayed correctly so I know that the file is being read but the entire content of the page now is that of the WordPress “twenty eleven/twenty ten” themes. Thank you for the help.

Do I manually change this content and insert my own images/menus/content through the WordPress dashboard?

by
by
by
by
by
by