I’m Will, the newest member of the growth team.
Today, I want to officially announce that GraphicRiver and ThemeForest authors can now use the “Retina Display Ready” attribute. This attribute will be used to inform buyers that your product includes a version of the elements that allow it to be viewed without loss of quality on a higher resolution retina display.
For the rest of this post, RDR will be interchangeable with “Retina Display Ready”.
GraphicRiver > Retina Display Ready files
- The “standard” file should be in 72ppi format.
- The RDR element should be double the pixel size of the standard version. If the standard element size is 300×100, the RDR version should be 600×200.
Including the “standard” version is optional but the 2x version is required to satisfy the “Retina Display Ready” requirement.
Also, 326ppi versions are optional and may be included, exact formats should always be stated in the item description.
ThemeForest> Retina Display Ready files:
- All RDR elements should have @2x in their name before the file type. An example would be if the “standard” element’s name is button.png the RDR name would be email@example.com.
- Separate folder for the RDR elements.
Using the Attribute
For new uploads, please check the “Retina Display Ready” option as “Yes” when new items are submitted on the upload form.If you have “Retina Display Ready” content already on Graphic River or ThemeForest, be sure that you’re following the above attribute guidelines before doing the following:
- Go to the item page
- Click EDIT
- Select “Yes” next to “Retina Display Ready”
Furthermore, do not forget to mention all relevant information (js, media queries, psd’s, etc.) regarding the use of these elements in your item documentation. To ensure the highest customer service, be aware that your buyers may not know how to use or modify said elements. And thus, they may not know the value they are receiving so be sure to also mention in the documentation the benefits of the additional retina display elements.
Thank you and good luck!
I noticed this last time I uploaded. Nice addition
Any chance we can get the version numbers removed for Firefox and Safari? Firefox seems to be upgrading so fast the current version numbers are pretty outdated now.
Was asked for refund because of that filters, so update them already!
Seems like the search for Retina ready items is not working:http://themeforest.net/browse/attributes/retina_display_ready/yes
Seems like the search for Retina ready items is not working: http://themeforest.net/browse/attributes/retina_display_ready/yes
We’re working on it now. Thanks for reporting this issue!
- United Kingdom
- Community Superstar
- Attended a Community Meetup
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
- Has been a member for 2-3 years
- Microlancer Beta Tester
- Bought between 100 and 499 items
- Referred between 10 and 49 users
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
Thank goodness Apple found a solution to the lowered cost of bandwidth.