3402 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
bobocel says

Love it when technology moves forward and leaves some people blown out of the water. I am sure the other manufacturers will soon follow.

It’s great how they managed to get that marvelous screen, and reduce the glare as well. Hope they do it quickly for all other devices and desktop computers.

The battery segment is something that needs improvement – too big, too little time. Anyone knows if Apple has bought any company to reinvent the battery, or if there’s anyone doing significant work in this field? If we’d get past this, the laptops could get so much thinner!

4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

The battery segment is something that needs improvement – too big, too little time.
That is a sad story ,I can’t finish my day even on my iPhone or my galaxy GALAXY S II / GALAXY Note…that what drive me nuts the most
7791 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
doru says

The battery segment is something that needs improvement – too big, too little time.
That is a sad story ,I can’t finish my day even on my iPhone or my galaxy GALAXY S II / GALAXY Note…that what drive me nuts the most

you know what is nice?

we already have technology to power devices with no batteries, and is 100 years old stuff.

2197 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+13 more
mpc says

I don’t really see the big deal over “retina”... I have to really look super close and concentrate to see any kind of difference between retina and normal.

Use iPhone with retina display for a bit and then look at the normal screen and you will see what is the big deal :)

Haha, I love Apple pricing policy, in my country price range for new MBP is from 2939 USD to even 5000 USD ! Anyway, I’m getting soon Thinkpad T530 with FullHD IPS display (with a 95 percent color gamut) with i7 and SSD for less than 2000 USD , and it’s more than enought for me. Sorry Apple, you had a chance ;)

Yeah but you want get OS X :) This is the only reason I have made a switch. I am w8ing for the 13’’ Retina then I will buy it for sure.

Mam …even if Apple will sell you ice, someone will get exited …..

Am I the only one who seas the breakthrough here? This is a huge step forward…

One more thing about the price… one year ago I have bought the top 13’’ configuration with 256GB SSD drive for 2000$ so please don’t tell me 2200$ for 15’’ with Retina is a big deal. It is in Poland because the same 15’’ with retina costs 3000-4000$ :) Thats why the only solution is to import from US :P

4140 posts
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

you know what is nice?

we already have technology to power devices with no batteries, and is 100 years old stuff.
All I know who ever come with a batteries solution will be the richest man/woman in the world.

I am doing a job now that required me to travel 2 times a week in train/bus about 5 hours, so i am working on the way, but when i will run out of battery has a mystic impact on me, i always get screw on one point during the day of traveling.

I find a solution, i just take a flight… 40 minutes and i don’t need to worry about that crap battery :P

2485 posts Premium Scripts, Plugins and Themes
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
LucidStudios says

Anyway, I’m wondering something about Retina and image size. Since the resolution is super high in a smallish form factor, won’t everything look super small on it? Like a 960px site would look very narrow on this screen. And any image in general will look way smaller on it vs a regular screen with fatter pixels. Am I right, or don’t I understand the retina technology?
I wonder the same, but “normal” websites on iPad3 look rather “normal”, so I don’t really get it ;)

I haven’t done much research on designing for retina display and the websites on the new ipad looks fine but if you see native apps on a new ipad then you will see that an app not optimized for retina display looks very small and you get 1x and 2x switcher.

So I guess retina display only effects native iOS apps and same will happen to mac os apps not optimized for retina display.

3751 posts
  • Located in Spain
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
pezflash says

The keyword for future mobile batteries is ‘kinetic’. Time will say.

2197 posts
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+13 more
mpc says

Anyway, I’m wondering something about Retina and image size. Since the resolution is super high in a smallish form factor, won’t everything look super small on it? Like a 960px site would look very narrow on this screen. And any image in general will look way smaller on it vs a regular screen with fatter pixels. Am I right, or don’t I understand the retina technology?
I wonder the same, but “normal” websites on iPad3 look rather “normal”, so I don’t really get it ;)

I haven’t done much research on designing for retina display and the websites on the new ipad looks fine but if you see native apps on a new ipad then you will see that an app not optimized for retina display looks very small and you get 1x and 2x switcher.

So I guess retina display only effects native iOS apps and same will happen to mac os apps not optimized for retina display.

Yeah thats true and I think this is why there is only one model they want to introduce retina slowly so the app developers could handle the switch.

4140 posts
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

The keyword for future mobile batteries is ‘kinetic’. Time will say.

You smoking again? Kinetic? I hope your internet is fast, turn sound on right side (man i keep forgetting about your existing pez ……) .

http://www.kinetic.com.sg/main.html
3751 posts
  • Located in Spain
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
pezflash says

^ I’m not joking! Nice site, btw. ;)

by
by
by