• Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • United States
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
lifwanian says

Gotcha. My bad, I didn’t look at the full specs of the cheaper one… just the price and processor speeds. For a second I thought they upgraded the old ones as well.

1478 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
+1 more
PixelBin says

Gotcha. My bad, I didn’t look at the full specs of the cheaper one… just the price and processor speeds. For a second I thought they upgraded the old ones as well.

You’re (we’re) all getting confused. There’s “old” updated ones (the normal MacBook Pro) and then there’s a “new” line of Retina MacBook Pro. It has the same name (plus the “Retina” bit) but it’s completely redesigned and is it’s own thing in almost every sense, with the exception for some similar specs such as the processor clock and graphics card.

There’s two versions of Retina MacBook Pros. One just has good specs, the other has great specs. Display is the same. Form factor is the same. Difference is some VRAM , RAM, and maybe some extra SSD gigs.

I thought you meant the “old” updated version since the top of the line “old” MBP is the same price as the bottom of the line “new” Retina MBP . It’s all confusing as hell talking about it.

1093 posts
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • United States
lifwanian says

Now you confused me even more…. :D

\\

4140 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says

This how they sell stuff lifwanian; they start in a friendly way. Once they see you are hook they bring the heavy canons brainwash salesman (PixelBin )and it’s too late for you, as you find yourself spending tons of money. :P
367 posts plop
  • Elite Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
+3 more
kimonoThemes says

This how they sell stuff lifwanian; they start in a friendly way. Once they see you are hook they bring the heavy canons brainwash salesman (PixelBin )and it’s too late for you, as you find yourself spending tons of money. :P

Salesman or not, PixelBin is just being nice explaining what’s the difference between the 2 models. Lifwanian is not forced to buy them right now :)

I would love to see someone like you being offered a Macbook Pro just to see what you’ll say about it then :P

4140 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says

Salesman or not, PixelBin is just being nice explaining what’s the difference between the 2 models. Lifwanian is not forced to buy them right now :)

I would love to see someone like you being offered a Macbook Pro just to see what you’ll say about it then :P
Don’t get me wrong it’s all in a good hummer sense of say, mac design are top notch, that is what you pay for mostly, i do have an iPhone but only for testing Air stuff, that’s the only thing good for me, over here in the Android world freedom is a must :P .

I was a mac user for many years, back then it was cool, today i look of this as i was more of an idiotic lover regarding apple stuff, i swap to window mainly due to language support problem but today it’s much better on that topic.

Still there marketing sell is amazing, but I think without s. jobs it will be hard for them ,and why they rap that ios6 all over with that crap Facebook i don’t get that.

Regarding that MacBook ,i work only from a laptops ,I abuse them in work 24/7 ,today any i7 and 8 gb ram will do the work for me ,every year is a new laptop for me ,the only thing i am willing to get attach to is my HD and hot woman’s …..hooo watching soccer is a must …hooo smoking weeds from time to time i dig that also ….ho drinking is a must …but Apple ? It’s all yours twi

2441 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
digitalimpact says

Us Europeans need to thank Italy and the EU for forcing Apple to give a 2 year warranty on their products sold here. That definitely added to the price.

However, Europe aside, I don’t get it why people complain so much about the price increase – if you had checked the prices before the release of the Retina models, you’ll see this new generation is actually cheaper. (of course, I’m now talking about the US)

Fact: I wanted to buy a MBP 15 ” (from the US) with the exact specifications of the current entry-level 15” Retina MBP . It was $2599, and I would barely afford it. Now the ‘same’ one costs $2199.

‘Same’, because it has a better processor, design and engineering improvements, less glare, less weight. $400 cheaper. End of story. Thank you Apple, you just made it so I could actually afford it.

Should I mention I’ve been a PC/Windows user my whole life?

7198 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+1 more
doru says

relevant

still want to buy this?

When I say Apple is evil, I have proof.

404 posts Motion Graphics and Scrambled Eggs
  • Elite Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
+1 more
smudgethis says

One of the best things about buying a mac is that you don’t need to rip it apart and upgrade it with new parts. If you do want to upgrade in the future, macs hold their value so well that once you have made that initial outlay, subsequent purchases are simply that, upgrades.

I just sold my 2010 macbook Pro for £1000 which is way over half of what I paid for it. I couldn’t sell my Windows system which was also two years old as it just didn’t retain any value.

3402 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
+1 more
bobocel says

The battery segment is something that needs improvement – too big, too little time.
That is a sad story ,I can’t finish my day even on my iPhone or my galaxy GALAXY S II / GALAXY Note…that what drive me nuts the most

you know what is nice?

we already have technology to power devices with no batteries, and is 100 years old stuff.
Tesla’s towers? Wireless electricIty? Is that what you meant?

Speaking of it, wouldn’t had been so amazing for Tesla to complete his discovery, and all human kind to live on free energy? I wonder when and if that time will come, before we kill each other for the little resources that will be left.

by
by
by
by
by
by