• Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
pixedelic says

I see many WP themes that are Retina ready… but what does it mean? What are the features that make a theme Retina-ready?

The theme I’m working on uses fonts to display icons and the layout has been designed with a browser, not in Photoshop. Does it mean it is Retina-ready? Because I see many other developers using the words “Retina ready” and offering nothing more than this.

Or should have some sniffing system to display 2x images when necessary? I know there are some open source plugins in this sense, can I recommend them instead?

59 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
Little-Neko says

Hi, There are some technics for images, like this : http://retinajs.com/ But yes, i d like to know what are the TF guidelines to validate a template as “Retina Ready”.

Btw, congrats for you camera slider, we ve been using it for last template, and for ‘real’ agency work, it s a pretty cool piece of code, really nice to work with, great job. You should consider code a Premium version with some more features (ala RS slider) to sell here.

94 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
pixedelic says

Btw, congrats for you camera slider, we ve been using it for last template, and for ‘real’ agency work, it s a pretty cool piece of code, really nice to work with, great job. You should consider code a Premium version with some more features (ala RS slider) to sell here.

Thank you very much… even if I have some difficulties to give assistance because of many projects during this period, but I hope to work back up to that soon.

However, I was considering http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-retina-2x/, but I don’t think the other developers mean something like that when they say Retina ready and I read that the “retinajs” way, used by Apple too I think (a similar way), slows down the loading speed of the site. Am I wrong?

148 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
BowtieThemes says
94 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
pixedelic says

Maybe this will help :) http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/retina-display-ready-attribute/75121

Thank you, I already read the topic, but this means TF didn’t set any standard for the Wordpress themes, because it seems to talk about PSD or assets for the HTML themes only, nothing else.

by
by
by
by
by
by