151 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
Keenpixel says

That’s all well and dandy, but I still know of one instance of an author with several themes that are exactly the same other then color palette (and maybe some rounded corners). In your reasoning these should have been bundled together as one theme (which I agree with), not released as separate themes. I don’t see how this is any different than cdavies situation.

You can’t bend the rules for one and say no to another. It’s not right for there to be double-standards. But that’s all I’m going to say on the matter…

2529 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Blog Editor
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
JeffreyWay says

@Keenpixel – I agree with you. Try to remember that we’re barely in our third month. We’ve obviously made a few mistakes while trying to get everything in order.

4901 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

Yep…kinks were still being worked out in the beginning phase, and please note that things like this will be addressed in the future.

151 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
Keenpixel says

Hey guys, thanks for the response. Didn’t mean for my post to sound so accusatory…I have to admit I was tired and a bit cranky when I made it!

I understand that there are several variables at play and of course ThemeForest is just starting out and has room for improvement. It’s nice to know you folks are open to ideas and suggestions from your users. And that issues like this will be addressed as TF continues to grow. I’m proud to be a part of it – I just have to get some themes finished up to post!

by
by
by
by
by
by