624 posts Fuel Your Web
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
+5 more
Pirenko says

“Envato does not force you to have any personal information across all marketplace” ==> Yes. But then the result is: living a secritive life.

I thought this was want you wanted: some sort of secret life (at least in terms of earnings). Anyway, I’m done with this thread… I already made my point of view clear so no need to keep repeating myself.
Good luck with everything AnonymousAuthor ;)
20 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
aleks_l says
AndrVlad: Does anyone posting publicly on facebook how much they earn? Does Envato founders and employees publish how much they earn? Probably not.

We can look on envato staff’s badges to see how they earned on their own projects… Obviously the founders is not the poor people

AnonymousAuthor: Apple have never disclosed revenues of their app developers. Neither aescripts.com, Google Play… There is no one, except you, who does this.

Yes, why Envato to keep individuality and make own decisions, let’s be like apple, googleplay, aescripts… this is psychology of a loser to seek authority and imitate him (not mean smart decisions, but “WOW, this is apple!...”) why not to go to the Apple and not to sing them praises? ...

Obviously that the discard of badges does not change anything, and the next step is to hide the sales, as any schoolboy solve price x quantity = cost

And this is just beginning, next you need to remove the elite authors, because everyone knows that those who sales >75,000 (or from that day is to keep it in a secret tss!..... )

I believe that the option of hiding badges is not needed, since it will be tempting to press it, but in fact it does not change anything, as is already clear. This is one of the decisions that must be made by staff, and not be left to the choice of the users, as random hides will only violate the spirit of community, but in fact nothing will be changed without substantial modification.

What is this spirit?

I like it its like when a business is equated to the game or competition, but not when a person or company earn a lot of money and very seriously begins to look for a some faith like “Our Mission” etc.

So it would seem as if the Olympic Games by the request of sportsman could get a some amount $$$ instead of medal, and still stored in secret, because “what if something happens??”

Here money instead of medals, well, spend it as you like, and what I wish to all :-)

10 posts
AnonymousAuthor says
I just found this thread from 10 months ago. http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/badges-hideshow-/97531

So I am not the first one who is digging into this problem. I’m not sure if I should be happy or sad.

I thought this was want you wanted: some sort of secret life (at least in terms of earnings).

No, I wan’t exact opposite. That’s the whole point of this thread. I don’t want a secret life. I would love to tell everyone what I do. But now, when everyone can see how much money I make, I have to live in secret and be afraid of…

:(

Yes, why Envato to keep individuality and make own decisions, let’s be like apple, googleplay, aescripts… this is psychology of a loser to seek authority and imitate him (not mean smart decisions, but “WOW, this is apple!...”) why not to go to the Apple and not to sing them praises? ...

No it’s not. I am comparing policies. One is good for developers, the other one has security loopholes (I have some apps at App Store, I have projects here, I haven’t made it up the comparison).

If you have a company and your customer or partners ended up in a dangerous situation because of your policy – wouldn’t you try to fix the policy?

And this is just beginning, next you need to remove the elite authors, because everyone knows that those who sales >75,000 (or from that day is to keep it in a secret tss!..... )

Of course. This should be optional too (especially power elite badge). But still, 75K is nothing when you compare it to million. Accounting 75K, minus comissions, minus costs etc is not that big deal.

Obviously that the discard of badges does not change anything, and the next step is to hide the sales, as any schoolboy solve price x quantity = cost

I’m not sure if you read the whole thread. Check it out, we have discussed this too.

Anyway… Alexander, may I ask how much money have you made here at Envato?

480 posts
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Located in United Kingdom
+3 more
FlatKing says
164 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in Europe
Cara_design says
http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/badges-hideshow-/97531 does this thread not make a joke of the suggestion, and prove its has been pretty much disregarded already by some of the biggest authors on here?!
288 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
themeflame says

Edited – I just saw “Anyway… Alexander, may I ask how much money have you made here at Envato?” and realized why we never post in here.

6025 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/badges-hideshow-/97531 does this thread not make a joke of the suggestion, and prove its has been pretty much disregarded already by some of the biggest authors on here?!

I am not much interested in the privacy option but still have to share a point. The authors who are popular beyond certain level can’t avoid exposing earnings. Some way, they are prepared for it and they take their popularity/reputation as a benefit. On the other hand, those who are just beginner here also doesn’t have problems of privacy (may be upto Golden Paw). But those who are in the middle may have different situations and exposure levels. That’s where this concern gets some importance.

2127 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Graphic-Studio says

I agree that the option to hide Revenue Badge should be enabled.

On the other hand, if you get a great job – people will still see how you live.

It’s all about how you handle your private life.

Live in fear or just hide the fact of how much you make.

Work in a group and say all your earnings are shared, just like a regular job.

No one says “Wow, you work for so-and-so company, you must be rich”

It’s all Relative to how you show how much you earn.

I have a similar problem – “Wow, you live in Santa Barbara, You must be rich”

If I was rich I wouldn’t be working for a living as much as I do.

Every community has differences of income inequailties and such.

;-)

20 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
aleks_l says
AnonymousAuthor: may I ask how much money have you made here at Envato?
It is easy to estimate (i have no additional accounts)

But maybe I did set some idealistic. When I came here the first time I was amazed these numbers, never thought that design can make as many. The most interesting, that friends whom I tell it, it did not make a strong impression. So, maybe to each his own?

Maybe is meaningful to hide the paw by the reason that in this case, I all time walk holding a sign “look at me, i earned a million” )

So, it is a matter of my internal relation, it is a “all time walk” instead of security reasons.

6025 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

So, it is a matter of my internal relation, it is a “all time walk” instead of security reasons.

Exactly. Security issues are almost nil here. The only issue is attracting risks by our own voluntary display of overall earnings and number of years of our presence here.

That’s why I pointed earnings badge can be showed only for registered members – not public. That’s easy to implement and reasonable solution.

by
by
by
by
by
by