337 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+2 more
MeGustaMusic says

This a very sensitive Topic, I am glad everyone is responding accordingly.

IMHO The able/disable option looks affordable, as the customer would still have enough information (sales, portfolio, comments) to know if the Author can be trusted or if it is a top seller.
Nevertheless, this is a deep topic, as badges are an Envato trademark, something customers rely on.

There are a lot of variables to think about, I ll follow this thread to check them out

3919 posts After Effects Templates
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+8 more
miseld says

Totaly Agree with Anonymous Author.

5340 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

Some good feedback guys, and honestly something I hadn’t really thought about before. We’ll be adding this to our Community Report and talking it over. Thanks!

1420 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
+3 more
WebSmacker says

If this gets any traction, I wonder if we should take it one more step further and also hide the number of sales on the items. Someone could still guesstimate your earnings by calculating totals sales by item pricess. Also, when we buy something it shouldn’t matter how many of them have sold as long as the item fits your needs…

1781 posts
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+11 more
SamBerson says

If this gets any traction, I wonder if we should take it one more step further and also hide the number of sales on the items. Someone could still guesstimate your earnings by calculating totals sales by item pricess. Also, when we buy something it shouldn’t matter how many of them have sold as long as the item fits your needs…

I disagree with this point, because it think that number of sales are really useful on TF and CC, but especially important on PD and GR because it can be sometimes important to know if someone else is using the photo/logo you want to buy.

277 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
FalconFX says

Yep this is another solid point here, its a sensitive matter that ppl can get how much you earn !!

1420 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
+3 more
WebSmacker says

I disagree with this point, because it think that number of sales are really useful on TF and CC, but especially important on PD and GR because it can be sometimes important to know if someone else is using the photo/logo you want to buy.

Why would you buy photos based on sales? Let’s say it has 0 sales and you buy it. Who’s to say 10 other people won’t buy it the next day. You should just assume others will be using the photo/graphic if you are buying from there…

1781 posts
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+11 more
SamBerson says

Why would you buy photos based on sales? Let’s say it has 0 sales and you buy it. Who’s to say 10 other people won’t buy it the next day. You should just assume others will be using the photo/graphic if you are buying from there…

I get your point, but it can be a really useful indication on some items.

1625 posts Building the Web.
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
ZoomIt says

I don’t really understand the issue here. No one is telling you to disclose your identity here. Even if you were, no one is telling you to brag about what you do exactly! If you are so concerned about privacy, why did you tell them your account name and about ThemeForest ? How many relatives would actually know about ThemeForest if you did not tell them about it, so you would later be concerned of hating ? Not many I guarantee.

140 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
codeblvck says

There are many places where your family members can get kidnapped for ransom. Though I believe if you live in a place like that you should do business under an alias.However you cant hide under the blanket for the rest of your life, people do eventually find out if someone is doing well. And whats the point of doing anything if you cant provide something better to your family, and you cant do that if you are worried about what people will say. People will speak whether you make little or alot.

Personal opinion it would suck if you cant enjoy the benefits of what you do and cant enjoy your rewards for working hard. You arent selling drugs. Either way I believe this should be a genuine concern, I understand why it could be a problem for some people.

@ZoomIt I think the OP wants to be able to show people what he does but not necessarily tell how much he makes. Understandable, but there is no way of getting out of it even if badges are optional.

by
by
by
by
by
by