• Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
newkarir says

Again my sales reversed :(
I don’t know what happen, it different product.
Going to think it envato still securely or not.

962 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+2 more
purethemes says

It’s not Envato’s fault that paypal can be abused that way, but I agree that it sucks. I even had “referral cur reversal” lately :|

1601 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+5 more
SamBerson says

Shame about these reversals :(

184 posts
  • Argentina
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
SurStudio says

It’s not Envato’s fault that paypal can be abused that way, but I agree that it sucks. I even had “referral cur reversal” lately :|

Have you ever contacted Envato asking for the username of the abuser?

@dtbaker (Modetaror) http://codecanyon.net/forums/thread/update-dealing-with-reversed-purchases-/96939?page=9#798214 (Locked thread) was saying that we should reverify the purchase codes from time to time.

Would be useful to have the username on the statement too. Sadly, another incomplete feature released :confusedsad:

626 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
Dream-Theme says

[...] Sadly, another incomplete feature released :confusedsad:

What’s wrong here? IMO if your support software cannot handle user verification that’s your problem – not Envatos.

Unfortunately there IS a fraud scenario: purchase item > eat authors brain with support > get reversal FROM PAYPAL. But again that’s a weak spot in PayPal – not Envato.

184 posts
  • Argentina
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
SurStudio says

[...] Sadly, another incomplete feature released :confusedsad:

What’s wrong here? IMO if your support software cannot handle user verification that’s your problem – not Envatos.

Unfortunately there IS a fraud scenario: purchase item > eat authors brain with support > get reversal FROM PAYPAL. But again that’s a weak spot in PayPal – not Envato.

As @kdubdent explains in the first post: http://codecanyon.net/forums/thread/update-dealing-with-reversed-purchases-/96939 Envato was paying for these reversals/frauds. Then they changed that, which is perfectly fine, why would they have to pay for the fraud?!

As authors we have no idea who’s buying our stuff, nor whether the Item is being used, or overused. Then, if we have to return the money, that’s just fine too, but let me know who is this person.

I tell you more, I found the person already, because my systems do handle user verification. That’s not the point. The point is we don’t know anything about who’s paying, who’s getting the money, who’s getting the code for free and who’s giving ratings.

And to my surprise, this user still has his account up and running. So I guess fraud/scam is ok.

4128 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Won a Competition
+9 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

There should be a Terms of Service agreement in which the buyer specifically agrees that ” Once a purchase is made unless the item is broken or does not meet specifications, a purchase is final “

Once that’s done, if a buyer files a claim with Paypal that’s fraudulent, the marketplaces have protection! The buyer agreed to the TOS, which states that the purchase is final.

3649 posts Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Netherlands
  • Community Moderator
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

There should be a Terms of Service agreement in which the buyer specifically agrees that ” Once a purchase is made unless the item is broken or does not meet specifications, a purchase is final ” Once that’s done, if a buyer files a claim with Paypal that’s fraudulent, the marketplaces have protection! The buyer agreed to the TOS, which states that the purchase is final.

I’m afraid Paypal is not going to want to invest the effort required to undo the reversal for each of these relatively small purchases. It would involve an enourmous amount of moving paperwork around the bureaucratic systems.

4128 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
+9 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

There should be a Terms of Service agreement in which the buyer specifically agrees that ” Once a purchase is made unless the item is broken or does not meet specifications, a purchase is final ” Once that’s done, if a buyer files a claim with Paypal that’s fraudulent, the marketplaces have protection! The buyer agreed to the TOS, which states that the purchase is final.
I’m afraid Paypal is not going to want to invest the effort required to undo the reversal for each of these relatively small purchases. It would involve an enourmous amount of moving paperwork around the bureaucratic systems.

Really? I believe they are legal obliged to do so if there is a binding contract / term of service.

2001 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Austria
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
revaxarts says

Can someone translate this statement from PayPal’s Protection for Buyers page:

In addition, for items purchased off eBay, you must meet all of these requirements:
Send the payment to the seller through:
  • The Send Money tab on the PayPal website by clicking the Purchase tab and selecting Goods
  • The seller’s PayPal checkout flow
The item you purchase must be a physical, tangible good that can be shipped

Especially the latest sentence. For me it’s clear that it’s not for digital stuff.

by
by
by
by
by
by