3247 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

PayPal doesnt provide seller protection for digital goods(or anyone outside the United States clicky!

1741 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

Can someone translate this statement from PayPal’s Protection for Buyers page: Especially the latest sentence. For me it’s clear that it’s not for digital stuff.

Yes, intangible goods are not covered by PayPal Protection for Buyers (Protection for Buyers – Section 13.2). But buyers have a Credit Card chargeback rights, which cover intangible goods (Protection for Buyers – Section 13.9). So, basically buyers still can file a credit card chargeback for an intangible goods.

And it’s worth to have a look into Seller Protection Page:

Why doesn’t Seller Protection cover deliveries made in person, or intangible goods (such as digital goods or services)? One of the most important requirements for coverage under Seller Protection is proof of shipment or delivery. Since deliveries made in person and sales of intangible goods do not have verifiable shipping documentation, we cannot currently extend protection for these types of transactions.

So, PayPal Seller Protection does not cover the transaction related to intangible goods. No way we are protected, sorry.

55 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+2 more
newkarir says

It’s not Envato’s fault that paypal can be abused that way, but I agree that it sucks. I even had “referral cur reversal” lately :|

Have you ever contacted Envato asking for the username of the abuser?

@dtbaker (Modetaror) http://codecanyon.net/forums/thread/update-dealing-with-reversed-purchases-/96939?page=9#798214 (Locked thread) was saying that we should reverify the purchase codes from time to time.

Would be useful to have the username on the statement too. Sadly, another incomplete feature released :confusedsad:
Have contacted envato support and the Answer is same
1244 posts Sr. Mockup Crafter
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+9 more
CarlosViloria says

I would like an explanation, without I have to contact envato every time I watch a reversal
of course buy via paypal and then ask for a refund, WDF!!

362 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
codenegar says

Why not this way: Users add money to their Envato account via PayPal then they can buy some items?

1244 posts Sr. Mockup Crafter
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+9 more
CarlosViloria says

Why not this way: Users add money to their Envato account via PayPal then they can buy some items?

looks so easy the solution, that I don’t understand why Envato not implement this to avoid many reversals.

171 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Australia
+2 more
michaeldale says

Yes I believe that Envato need to find a solution to this problem. There is nothing stopping someone doing this over and over again and getting free software.

1791 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

That’s wrong, you can make a PayPal dispute at anytime for any item bought with PayPal and you have 0% chance of winning it as the seller. The buyer ALWAYS gets the money back.

Envato already does something, it bans the accounts and the emails used to purchase items, so they can only get only one “free” item using their account. And with other accounts, PayPal doesn’t let the users do transactions without them being verified.

4337 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

That’s wrong, you can make a PayPal dispute at anytime for any item bought with PayPal and you have 0% chance of winning it as the seller. The buyer ALWAYS gets the money back. Envato already does something, it bans the accounts and the emails used to purchase items, so they can only get only one “free” item using their account. And with other accounts, PayPal doesn’t let the users do transactions without them being verified.

Easier still, if the reason the user request a refund from PayPal is bogus, the user should get a warm cup of IP ban! :)

251 posts themesdepot.org
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+6 more
ThemesDepot says

That’s wrong, you can make a PayPal dispute at anytime for any item bought with PayPal and you have 0% chance of winning it as the seller. The buyer ALWAYS gets the money back. Envato already does something, it bans the accounts and the emails used to purchase items, so they can only get only one “free” item using their account. And with other accounts, PayPal doesn’t let the users do transactions without them being verified.

Is this “official”? Where can i find more information?

by
by
by
by
by
by