603 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
jayc says

I got a question about the file reviews. Why the reviewer in case he rejects your file, does not inform you about all reasons your file is rejected.

1. First I got my file rejected because the preview was on my server (and the file did not use server side script. (I fixed that – uploaded again)

2. Second, they said I might have pictures with copyright problems – I started a discussion about this a few days ago. (Fixed that too – I used Envato pics now)

3. Now I got my file rejected because there were links to google - I got it now – it should be to activeden or my portfolio. I will upload again.

My second question is: if this is common and happens to others OR with time everybody learned to follow this rules in order to avoid to be rejected many times in a row.

Thanx! :)

4392 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

If you are rejected it means you’re not good enough. If you take that as a bad thing then your evolution in flash will stop because you’re motivation will not exist. But if you take rejections as a good thing, then you’ll improve your designs significantly.

Everyone will learn to follow the rules, but eventually we all get rejected from time to time. A piece of code we forgot, a page that we didn`t pay attention to, something happens. It happens even to the best on activeden.

Also, the reasons are vague, because a reviewer goes between 1 minute and some ours trough your files. Image if on each rejection file, they would mention A TON of reasons, plus that would be his personal opinion. Maybe your vision of the file is different. So they just give you the ” overall perspective ” Aesthetics not accepted, blah blah blah.

Don’t take rejections as bad things. Take a rejection as a way to improve.

Hope it helps you.

846 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
marcfolio says

I think every new author goes through what you just described. In fact I think every file I’ve ever submitted has been rejected at least once. Except my latest file which i was extremely excited about getting approve the first time only to find out that they screwed up the preview file with their encryption software and then a couple hours later AD “soft disabled” it for an weird error that was thrown when scrubbing a video file. Rather than letting me upload a 10 minute fix I’m back in the unmovable update queue. While I received 5 emails of people asking what happened to the file because they were going to buy it. I think it’s going to screw my new file’s chances of homepage exposure and making it to the popular page the first week.

So I feel your pain. Multiple rejections and waiting after each one for the reviewers to review it again. what you thought would take a file a few days to take to market becomes a month.

It’s not that it’s a bad file or you’re a bad designer/ developer. It’s just the hoops we have to jump through to sell here. Is it worth it? I think so, but there are times I wish it was easier or faster to take a file to market.

Patience. After you first file you’ll get the idea of what’s required.

Good luck.

146 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
CodeByASH says

My first rejection was because the preview file was named “Preview.zip”, it never happened again.

So my suggestion is to go ahead and READ all documentation available, all your rejections could have been avoided if you had just follow publishing instructions.

Cheers!

10 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
FUSE0 says
My first rejection was because the preview file was named “Preview.zip”, it never happened again.

So my suggestion is to go ahead and READ all documentation available, all your rejections could have been avoided if you had just follow publishing instructions.

Cheers!

What is wrong with calling the preview zip Preview.zip – that is what the documentation requires.

Or am I reading it wrong.

4392 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

Cheers!

What is wrong with calling the preview zip Preview.zip – that is what the documentation requires.

Or am I reading it wrong.

The documentation says to name your file preview.zip he made it Preview.zip

There are some rules we must follow. Reasons are simple. Makes reviewers life much easier, reviewing process MUCH faster! :)

56 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
CreativeZen says

Yep. I got rejected, and it ended up costing me 2 weeks, because I didn’t call my file “preview.swf”. Those are the rules, but this marketplace is so robust with people willing to pay for what we do its worth it… I just suggest that we get with the program!

82 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
+5 more
Co-thinkers says

The reviewers are very helpful and kind people, they do a good job. One thing I would like to be improved. If your file is rejected, they only very few times informed us about the exact reason of the rejection. You have to e-mail the reviewer to know what was the reason. This is only a small thing, and I hope it will be better in their side. :-)

Anyway Envato is doing a very good job!

189 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
+3 more
mbudm says
Why the reviewer in case he rejects your file, does not inform you about all reasons your file is rejected.

When a reviewer finds a problem with a file I imagine that they stop reviewing and reject it so they can move on to the next file. This would explain why the second, third, etc rejection reason isn’t mentioned the first time.

Yes, the process is often very, very frustrating but because we all have to go through it, it is fair.

2309 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
theflyingtinman says
Why the reviewer in case he rejects your file, does not inform you about all reasons your file is rejected.

When a reviewer finds a problem with a file I imagine that they stop reviewing and reject it so they can move on to the next file. This would explain why the second, third, etc rejection reason isn’t mentioned the first time.

Yes, the process is often very, very frustrating but because we all have to go through it, it is fair.

Exactly.

Why should authors who have taken the time to learn and follow the rules have their files held up while a reviewer prepares a personal one-on-one lesson for someone who did not take the time to learn the rules before uploading their files?

If a reviewer happens to notice more than reason for rejection at the same time they will generally point out both or all those mistakes but after finding reasons to reject they will certainly not spend time further proofing the file.

by
by
by
by
by
by