20 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
brandon93s says

This is my first html/css template designed to sell, and I hope to perfect it to the point that TF accepts it into their premier library! I need your help with revisions though. What should be added or changed, etc. etc.

The theme was retro. The layout was simplicity.

Behold: Retro-Simplicity ;)

http://webdesigncool.com/retrosimplicity/

Let me know what you think!

86 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
YA says

Nice start. I think you should do a lot of padding throughout the whole content.

And I feel lost a little – think about guiding the visitor through different areas of the site. Also pay attention to the typography (contrast, size, color).

Good luck!

20 posts
  • Exclusive Author
brandon93s says

@YA Can you give me a specific example of something i should add padding to? Just to get an idea of what you mean. This would be a HUGE help.

86 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
YA says

Sure. I think that there is too little space between navigation and home blocks. Also the testimonial block needs some separation from the menu.

Try to pay attention to the line height of the text on the page.

Hope this helps.
20 posts
  • Exclusive Author
brandon93s says

@ YA Thanks. :) Now that I look at it you are definitely 100% correct about the testimonial block needing to be moved down.

530 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Croatia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
darius9000 says

well… i like it! it’s something fresh here. most of the templates here looks the same or similar. this one is different.

good luck with it!

20 posts
  • Exclusive Author
brandon93s says
well… i like it! it’s something fresh here. most of the templates here looks the same or similar. this one is different. good luck with it!

Thanks! That’s what i was going for. Something new and different from everything else already on the store. I’m glad you like it.

1 post
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
virtuoso says

Hi, I really like it! My only advice would be to remove the inner scroll bar. Let the layout flow down the page. I HATE inner scroll bars with a passion ;)

20 posts
  • Exclusive Author
brandon93s says
Hi, I really like it! My only advice would be to remove the inner scroll bar. Let the layout flow down the page. I HATE inner scroll bars with a passion ;)

;) I’ll think about it. I was thinking maybe making it a JQuery scroll bar so it looks cleaner but you are probably right. Just do without it.

1 post
  • Exclusive Author
ExoFlux says

I also backup the ‘Lose the scrollbar’...

Make the page auto-adjust to the content (Not width, just height) it will make it look a lot better.

by
by
by
by
by
by