• Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+2 more
duotive says

As long as this is a private company you have to make with their rules and not judge them. I like to see items from reviewers so i can see if they only reject items or they can do some items for the market:D

89 posts
  • United States
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
Skyali says

I know it’s extremely frustrating when your theme gets rejected and you have those emotions of “they have something against me”. But in all honesty I’ve read over a 100+ threads about rejected themes after mines got rejected. A couple of things I’ve noticed is none of the top authors open threads about how the staff is against them.

Almost every new author feels the staff is against them. But in all honesty all this anger you feel and frustration needs to be directed at your theme and yourself. You clearly didn’t make the cut and you need to get better at your craft. It’s been 11 days since my theme has been rejected and I must say in these last 11 days I’ve learned more about the fundamentals of Web Design then I ever have in my life.

Let’s be honest here man this thread isn’t about the review process it’s clearly about “Your theme got rejected and now your frustrated”. My advice to any new authors is to take a step back and take a look at your theme compare it with the other authors I’m 100% positive you will see why your theme got rejected. If you can’t then maybe this profession isn’t for you?

Btw http://www.smashingmagazine.com has been a great resource to me and has helped me become 10x’s better web designer hopefully it helps you.

2566 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
ThemeProvince says

Reviewers are usually great authors therefore you can trust them only to submit quality themes.

1383 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Serbia
wpCanyonThemes says

Ohh, a fellow Serbian :) Cool, we’re taking over themeforest slowly. :)

First of all to be a reviewer you have to be an expert in what you’re reviewing, but if you’re an expert in that section you would also be an author, there is more money in being author then reviewer.

So, to ensure that reviewers are experts they must be allowed to submit their own items too, since no expert would accept to be a reviewer if he wasn’t allowed to do so.

And if they did something like you mentioned, they would lose their jobs for sure, this isn’t wild west, they can’t do whatever they want.

1734 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
VisualSharing says

Did you have a theme rejected?

548 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
tonvie says

Why not avoid the appearance of impropriety or any conflict of interest? Certainly you understand eloquent_us’s point whether he’s had a theme rejected or not. Like it or not, authors (sellers) being reviewers is a conflict of interest. I’m not quite sure how anyone can intellectually argue that point.

I’m sure there’s no funny business going on but Perception=truth.

84 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
nathrat says

Imagine the United States Olympic team competed in the Olympics, and then after each event the athletes that competed for the U.S. go and decide who the winner will be.

I think this is how he views the themeforest review process. Basically if you get to decide the outcome, you shouldn’t have a horse in the race.

He raises some valid points, whether or not he’s had a theme rejected is irrelevant.

I’m not saying anybody abuses their power, I just see where he is coming from.

386 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
EugeneO says

The reviewers are not their own boss. They are accountable to the people above them who run the market place. With that, if there was any bias from a reviewer they would obviously be removed because they wouldn’t be acting in the interest of the marketplace that is paying them to do the reviewers job.

The points would be valid if the reviewers were the ultimate authority in Envato but they are not. They are members of staff whose performance are monitored (I assume).

371 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
QwibbleDesigns says

I see where hes coming from but there are things in place to stop each of the issues he raises.

When a review submits a theme, either another reviewer (or i thought it was collis himself) reviews their item instead.

If you feel you have been unfairly rejected, you are welcome to ask for a separate reviewer, or aren’t you also request that each reviewer has a look at it and a group decision is made?

To be perfectly honest anyway, Envato is an extremely friendly company through it’s employee’s and I couldn’t imagine any of the reviewers using their powers to benefit themselves. The reviewers very rarely upload anything anyway.

20 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
DesignSaga says

I agree with you eloquent_us, the review process IS broken.

Cracks me up how everyone is asking him if he had a theme rejected. Like it really matters. Of course the reviewers are not going to reject each others themes, they are all buddy buddy.

If it happened it would be pretty funny though. I would die laughing if one of the reviewers rejected another reviewers theme. They would finally get a dose of their own medicine to see how it tastes like.

by
by
by
by
by
by