1293 posts The Last Man Standing
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
ImanGM says

Longer is better. We can work more on our demos this way ;)

5549 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

Hey guys. We are sorry that at times you are be kept waiting longer than expected. However rest assured that our focus is always to ensure we review items as fast and efficiently as possible while still reviewing in a consistent and fair manner.

Reducing queue wait times further is something on our agenda to focus upon. Adding more reviewers is certainly one aspect, so recently we increased the size of the review team with the addition of two new reviewers. Our new Reviewers are currently undergoing training, so their impact may not be felt immediately :)

We are also reviewing our internal processes and tools so we can scale better as well. Stay tuned for some further announcements regarding the changes we are making internally to better serve the community.

Thanks!

406 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in India
+2 more
drsankarl says

Hey guys. We are sorry that at times you are be kept waiting longer than expected. However rest assured that our focus is always to ensure we review items as fast and efficiently as possible while still reviewing in a consistent and fair manner.

Reducing queue wait times further is something on our agenda to focus upon. Adding more reviewers is certainly one aspect, so recently we increased the size of the review team with the addition of two new reviewers. Our new Reviewers are currently undergoing training, so their impact may not be felt immediately :)

We are also reviewing our internal processes and tools so we can scale better as well. Stay tuned for some further announcements regarding the changes we are making internally to better serve the community.

Thanks!

You missed locking the thread ;)

192 posts Quality Templates
  • Has referred 50+ members
+3 more
ThemeRox says

Thanks For all advice. I already said about the process. There one complain that if item approve in 1-2 days then stay home page will be difficult. But why? Review need to release in 2days maximum. But review release in 2 days not mean that approve much item. The point we all are missing is that long time review will keep our item on home page. But if review daily but for the item ensure high quality then it will not make difference between 9 days review or 2 days review. Always need to make concentrate on which item they are going to approve. They should approve quality item. Now 9 days hold not mean that it is the solution to stay home page. Cos when community will gate much more content then to stay home page this 9 days goes to 19 days? Is that make sense? Its actually not a way to work. Just need to review everyday and make a point about item approve issue. Like everyday envato approving 0-2 item. Now if there 20 item submitted there 2 best item will be selected but for other 18 item owner know why their item rejected so they will try for best work. I think to stay home page review delay is not a solution. Hope I can able to express my thinking. Thanks

395 posts
  • Located in Madagascar
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
metrothemes says

+1

89 posts
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+7 more
MVPThemes says

I still don’t understand the “staying on the homepage longer” argument, especially if it means your item will take a week longer to get approved.

Would you rather:

A) Get your item approved a week earlier and spend 3 days on the homepage

or B ) Get your item approved a week later and spend 6 days on the homepage?

In scenario A, you’re foregoing an entire week of sales, just so you can get 3 extra days of exposure on the homepage. And if your item didn’t gain the exposure it needed in the first 3 days, chances are pretty great that those extra 3 days of exposure aren’t going to mean anything for your sales. So, you just wasted an entire week of sales, just so you could get 3 extra days of exposure that likely won’t make a difference anyway.

406 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in India
+2 more
drsankarl says

+1

2 or 3 days is more than enough to work on demos

+3 more
ThemeRox says

For the problem my advice and opinion is : 1. Fix the amount of item to be approved per week. 2. Be straight and very hard on quality. 3. Make fast review process but fast not mean many item. Give quality priority.

+3 more
ThemeRox says

Thanks!
Thank you very much KingDog. At the end of the day I must say its ours marketplace and with any compromise we want to make success about our company vision (Envato Vision 2020). We are working virtually but of course I think my self as a member of the family. So always want to improve the marketplace with our idea, Advice and whatever we have. And really thank you very much for the reply. Sounds like review delay is going to die.

Thanks

1 post
  • Located in India
phoenixcoded says

Thanks For all advice. I already said about the process. There one complain that if item approve in 1-2 days then stay home page will be difficult. But why? Review need to release in 2days maximum. But review release in 2 days not mean that approve much item. The point we all are missing is that long time review will keep our item on home page. But if review daily but for the item ensure high quality then it will not make difference between 9 days review or 2 days review. Always need to make concentrate on which item they are going to approve. They should approve quality item. Now 9 days hold not mean that it is the solution to stay home page. Cos when community will gate much more content then to stay home page this 9 days goes to 19 days? Is that make sense? Its actually not a way to work. Just need to review everyday and make a point about item approve issue. Like everyday envato approving 0-2 item. Now if there 20 item submitted there 2 best item will be selected but for other 18 item owner know why their item rejected so they will try for best work. I think to stay home page review delay is not a solution. Hope I can able to express my thinking. Thanks

i have a one question about all this discussion . There is one sentence is similar in discussion by many authors i.e. “Stay home page ”, “Get your item approved a week earlier and spend 3 days on the homepage”. So my actual question is that what is the funda behing working or spend days on the homepage .?

i’m new author in Themeforest and working on magento theme development.

and some how there is a need for more reviewer .

by
by
by
by
by
by