69 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Emil_J says

Hey!

I’ve followed the debate for some time regarding the review issue, and noticed that it’s generally seen as a subjective process. This causes dissatisfaction among some authors. I don’t have any numbers, and it’s possible that most authors are satisfied with the service. It’s also possible the issue is minor and this idea creates no real value. but still I’d like to share my thoughts.

The process would feel (and be) more reasonable if the decision came from more than one reviewer. Now, this would cause a lot of unreasoned extra work related to advantage gained, if all had to check the files with same intensitety.

The solution is a system where reviewer makes decision just like now, but after making the decision reviewer suggests the decision to e.g. 2 or 4 other reviewers who simply glance the file and vote a “yes” or “no”.

The decision would be more informed (justified?) thus giving more value to authors. Giving the voting results to author would be good and motivating feedback also.

This would also eliminame “wrong” decisions, both bad quality files and the potential file’s rejections– improving the overall quality of marketplace items.

Technically this would require some work to make a streamlined inbox for votings, of course. Time consumption for using the ‘new system’ would be nearly nonexistent if the system is well designed.

Just an idea, hope someone gets something outta it. :)

941 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
graphicmind says

I’d say if one reviewer said “yes” then the other reviewers are likely to say “yes” without hesitation.

But maybe three or four reviewers can look at each file without knowing what decision the other reviewers make and a system that calculates how many said “yes” or “no” in percentage could be made. Then 50% or more means accepted, otherwise rejected.

69 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Emil_J says

I’d say if one reviewer said “yes” then the other reviewers are likely to say “yes” without hesitation. But maybe three or four reviewers can look at each file without knowing what decision the other reviewers make and a system that calculates how many said “yes” or “no” in percentage. Then 50% or more means accepted, otherwise rejected.

Good and very welcome points. :) After all, this is optimization between extra work and value created in review process. I don’t have numbers so it’s hard to say which is right ratio. All I know the stream of new items is huge, and the time used for reviews can’t be much incresed if the gains aren’t significant– which they aren’t since the whole marketplace is based on volume.

by
by
by
by
by
by