• Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
glutenfree4u says

Hi everyone, We have made a small update to the VH review process. You no longer need to add watermarks to the preview files for the AE, Apple Motion and Cinema 4D categories with immediate effect.

We’re aware of the extra time and step it takes for authors to watermark their work and we are continually looking to ways we can help speed-up the file preparation process for you.

We hope that by removing the watermark requirement on these categories we can make the review process easier for you. If you have any questions about this change, or have any other suggestions on how the file preparation process could be streamlined, please feel free to add them here. Thanks!

Yay! Now as a buyer I don’t need to have a watermark distorting part of the video!

I can see a better quality representation of what I am purchasing :D

192 posts
  • India
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Vineet_kashyap says

Great news

422 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Romania
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
studio_21 says

Perfect !

1681 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Germany
+1 more
Creattive says

Will I get rejected if I add watermarks? Nope. This is just an option to make things easier for authors. If you have one that you worry could get stolen without a watermark, you’re more than welcome to add one.

Please educate your reviewers about this, people get soft rejected because they use the watermark.

215 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Latvia
+5 more
placdarms Reviewer says

Will I get rejected if I add watermarks? Nope. This is just an option to make things easier for authors. If you have one that you worry could get stolen without a watermark, you’re more than welcome to add one.
Please educate your reviewers about this, people get soft rejected because they use the watermark.

While the transition still happens, it’s hard to determine who is not aware of this change and who is leaving watermark purposely. If you have applied watermark purposely – please add a simple explanation in “message to reviewer” box and you will save yourself from a possible rejection.

1681 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Germany
+1 more
Creattive says

While the transition still happens, it’s hard to determine who is not aware of this change and who is leaving watermark purposely. If you have applied watermark purposely – please add a simple explanation in “message to reviewer” box and you will save yourself from a possible rejection.

that doesn’t really make sense to me. You could just write a message to the user with the link to this thread but not reject him. This does only add confusion and adding the watermark should make no harm so no need to waste the authors time rerendering the preview.

by
by
by
by
by
by