Reviewer accusing me of a blatant rip off in an official email from Envato, where's the love ?

281 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
johnnybd says

Hi. I’ve just had a file removed due to the following additional feedback: “This file is found to be a blatant and obvious rip off of one of VH’s better selling files and it has to be disabled. You’re not allowed to edit or resubmit it. Support team will get in touch with you shortly with an official warning.”
They’re accusing this file which can be seen here: https://vimeo.com/57594384 To be a ripoff of this one: http://videohive.net/item/the-social-media-network/488813

Now, I’ve given up on the idea of trying to prove my point. If people are gonna hate and think I ripped it off, go ahead, its your right to think what you want.
But to call my craft a blatant ripoff behind an official Envato email is a bit harsh, not so sensitive , and definitely an insult.
And to you brave man/reviewer who accuses me of ripping off behind an anonymous email address – Just wanted to let you know, that a very small tiny part of that salary Envato is paying you is thanks to my “Blatant rip offs”

281 posts
+6 more
johnnybd says

perhaps I got a bit too emotional, two weeks of work only to be accused and called a ripoff can do that to you… Whining is now officially done. ;)

20 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
2Tdavididan says

Personally, I think that your work is much better (Maybe because the other one is outdated, That alone is a good reason to keep your file :) ). And I was planning to buy your item in the near future … Too bad

All the best johnny !

435 posts butlerm.com
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+14 more
butlerm says

2 weeks of work… wow

281 posts
+6 more
johnnybd says

2 weeks of work… wow
Times flies when you’re having fun :D
4905 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

Hello Johnny,

I do understand how frustrating it can be to have a file that you put many hours into get rejected. But in the case of your file it was extremely similar to another file already for sale here. And in the file you submitted, it looked even more like the original one, as the background of your file also had a very similar light blue gradient.

The forums can be used if you want to get opinions from fellow authors/buyers but if you’d like to discuss this matter in greater depth with Envato staff, please just reply to the support ticket.

4905 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

And I do want to quickly apologize for the wording used in the rejection.

130 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
maupa says

Hi Johnnybd, sorry, but this is not true. Your preview movie was not the file you show us on vimeo. I saw your file and it even had the same icons like the “social media” file. Please show us your real preview and not one with some envato logos. I know how frustrating this is, but your file (AND ESPECIALLY YOUR PREVIEW) was quite too similar.

327 posts UnitedMotions
  • Located in Turkey
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
Balistique says
And in the file you submitted, it looked even more like the original one, as the background of your file also had a very similar light blue gradient.

And also you used same social icons in the removed file.

130 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
maupa says

And it had the same Background. :( maupa

by
by
by
by