Reviewer accusing me of a blatant rip off in an official email from Envato, where's the love ?

281 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has referred 200+ members
+6 more
johnnybd says

My video is an After Effects Trapcode form application of Hollywood Camera Works Hot moves DVD. That’s what I aimed for to begin with and thats the final result. Almost all of the the dynamics of this project are based on Camera moves/Lens angles they teach of on those DVDs.

Choosing a Telescopic Lens in AE to Pivot around the Form Landscape on 0:21 – 0:23 is an example, but the entire project was driven behind this logic, I have seen the other project in the past but didn’t think it was anything similar . (No aerial helicopter shots, no long fly throughs, etc…)

Perhaps thats why some might think its better or more “elegant”, either way, it’s an entirely different idea / project. If you ever get a chance to see Hollywood Camera Works Hot moves – you’ll see the EXACT moves & theories they’re talking of – This time, applied into a Trapcode form environment. That’s the entire source of inspiration, the root and the fruit of this project.

Either way, it’s got absolutely nothing to do with the project its constantly compared to other than the fact I’ve made the mistake of using the same placeholders in the initial preview therefore creating something too similar. I hoped people could see beyond the choice of placeholders and background color, that the difference in the dynamics and camera moves would speak for itself. Had I known those 2 weeks of fun intense process would end up this way I would’ve never bothered.
This marketplace means a great deal for me, and no project in the world is worth risking it for, even if you actually tried to bring something new and original to the table.
Peace & Love
P.S Really Sorry everyone, could we possibly move on, start a blank page or just delete this one? (thread)

1105 posts inlifethrill
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
InlifeThrill says

Hey Johny, I am afraid technical aspects do not make much of a difference if the final result is more or less the same.

This happened some time ago with the extruded 3D logos. Everyone stood their ground claiming his was originally made and rendered faster or offered 3 more customization buttons. At the end they all looked the same (no offence here). Although many files were removed, there are plenty left. I guess things are getting tight lately. I got rejected for the same reason once. It’s a nice thing to go through. Kinda refreshes your point of view on the subject. It’s for the best I am sure. Keep it up!

5094 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

To argue that the files are significantly different is futile. And I agree with Inlife, about how a file is technically achieved…. it’s largely irrelevant. You seem to be in a minority of one in asserting that this is a fundamentally different project.

Maybe, you’ve been the unfortunate victim of chance, maybe you copied it deliberately, maybe you’d seen it and it was subconsciously at the back of your mind, maybe both files use the same reference as a starting point, unbeknownst to us. Only you can know which it is.

But regardless of how it came about, it does look like the same idea, executed in a very similar way.

117 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
WilQ5 says

Well i think that there is nothing more wrong than the man who dont want to admit he played it wrong… because this two files look too similliar and its too obvious i think its much better thing to admit your own fult because the rules doesin’t allow such things and it doesint matter you did know about that over file or you forgot it i think this is kinda cheap excuse… and after all i don’t really get your point in trying to prove othervise because there too many people thinking the same way because animations are just the same…

98 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
RMdeJong says

Why didn’t you try to do something different with the technique? I mean you used social media icons, when you knew there was already a file like this. You could have gone a whole different way with this.

Also before submitting, be criticial. If you used a file for inspiration you really have to look good at it and decide wether or not it’s the same.

Now back to the drawing table because you have great other projects in your portfolio :)

130 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
maupa says

@InlifeThrill What do you think about the new Photo File from today? :) maupa

413 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
realthing says

I think that is totally a copy from InlifeThrill and someone has to do something about it. I am talking about this http://videohive.net/item/photo-sea/3849752?WT.ac=new_item&WT.seg_1=new_item&WT.z_author=AzerothHero

Copy from this

http://videohive.net/item/photodune/460114?WT.ac=portfolio_thumb&WT.seg_1=portfolio_thumb&WT.z_author=InlifeThrill
177 posts After Effects Video Templates
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
DaniMult says

Yeah, same question…

22 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
leongabi says

Guys, if this case remains approved, then come tons of similar projects. Come on, is more than obvious.

117 posts
+1 more
WilQ5 says

I think reviewers from now on has to be more catchy because its theyr responsibilitie that they bring a rip off in videohive… and such people has to be banned . Immidiatly with no mercy… :) Also i am asking my self how stupid you have to be to think that no one will notice such thing…. and act like yeah i did a great job on this one …. :D

by the way that photo project is a quite bad copy example…

while we talk here it got removed good work staff +++

by
by
by
by
by
by