Reviewer accusing me of a blatant rip off in an official email from Envato, where's the love ?

413 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
+4 more
realthing says

WOW… removed really fast…..

2351 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Of course, I agree with everyone, but try to be little less harsh. There is a possibility that someone made something the same by coincidence. It can happen.

After all, there are 10930 after effects projects on videohive.

130 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
maupa says

Of course, I agree with everyone, but try to be little less harsh. There is a possibility that someone made something the same by coincidence. It can happen. After all, there are 10930 after effects projects on videohive.

NO it can not. I don’t believe that. They use even the same camera postitions. Trapcode Form is so powerful, that you can create so many different Styles and Project. :) maupa

5088 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

Maupa has a point.

Suppose a project only had 5 creative elements and each creative element only had 5 choices of how to go about that creative element. Even in that very simplified world, there are 3125 possible ways that project could be created.

In a world where a project has 30 creative elements with maybe 10 ways of going about each, there’s a one in several trillion-trillion chance of any two projects being alike.

53 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Visualact says

I saw the preview video as well and my instance reaction was, how in earth a reviewer could possibility aprove this? ( It was very similar ) however the reviewer should have had this discussed with the team at first place before approving it so none of this would have had happened.

64 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
MographMark says

It’s not uncommon especially if you’re using a software (I assume Trapcode) that is specifically designed to do this.

People think more alike than they are willing to admit.

26 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
SmallScreen says

I don’t think the point is whether or not someone meant to rip off another file or not. It’s not about punishing an individual. It’s about respecting the rights of the established file/author that’s already on the site. Even if I come up with something “accidentally” that is very similar to another author I would absolutely expect to get rejected… no matter how the look was achieved or how much time I spent. That’s part of the risk in this type of business.

Also, if I felt like one of my files could easily be ripped and accepted I would lose a lot of confidence in Videohive and go elsewhere with my files. This is a big part of the trust we have for the Envato staff and it’s good to see them stand their ground.

30 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
TrooperFX says

I totally agree with you SmallScreen

by
by
by
by
by