• Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United Kingdom
Panda-Bear says

Hi there,

Just casually browsing through the recently accepted files, most selling for $5 for a typical 11 second stock footage, can anybody tell me why this time lapse of a typical landscape is on sale for $25 ?

[link removed – please do not call out items or authors on the forum]

Is it artistically unique? does it require a lot of skill or equipment to recreate? Are there no similar footage of a timelapse landscape anywhere on Envato or a thousand other stock footage sites?

Much as i like the work, and in no way am do i mean to cause detriment to the author, but it doesn’t seem to be that technically superior to or unique… and given that normally a 10 second time lapse material sells for the standard $5, why is selling for $25 ?

Is it because it’s 4k ? or could it be a reviewer pricing error?

123 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
VProxy says

Because its 4k.. :reallyevil:

383 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United Kingdom
Panda-Bear says

Because its 4k.. :reallyevil:

VProxy. That doesn’t really answer the question and is quite an over-simplified response don’t you think? I could show you a hundred 4k files on sale for $5, $8 and so on.

Any numpty with a cheap dslr can take a static non-panning shot of a pretty bland landscape, take a series of 300 pics, stick em together as a time-lapse and it will naturally be 4k. It’s not technically superior, nor does it need any specific equipment.

My question is, does this artistic content in this footage actually warrant $25? – the same price as someone who spent weeks and weeks working on a highly technical AE or Cinema 4d project?

Any others have a more informative, considered answer?

by
by
by
by
by
by