17 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
by_heath says

I’m so frustrated I’m at boiling point. I submitted a theme that had been soft rejected on Sunday. It took over 2 days for it to be reviewed. When it was reviewed the reviewer seemed to have reviewed files that were 2 iterations old and soft rejected me for 2 files that don’t exist anymore/functionality that no longer exists. I double checked the files I uploaded and made certain I had not made a mistake. I then appended the files with a “v01” and communicated it to the reviewer to make sure there could be no possible confusion. I then had to wait another 3 days for the theme to be reviewed again, and now I have been rejected for the same bloody errors. What am I supposed to do now?

Notes from the reviewer: 1. Fix http://envato.d.pr/mRpx/nsVd8vfG

How am I supposed to fix these errors when breadcrumbs.php no longer exists, nor does line 152 in class-Upbootwp_Walker_Nav_Menu.php

...and Themeforest support doesn’t respond with anything other than an automated email.

Confused, frustrated, angry.

475 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Attended a Community Meetup
FlatKing says

First of all deep breath – Nothings going to get solved by being mad.

First of all if you submit on Sunday you will be in a queue with Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Support will get back to you – Post your ticket ID here I’ll flag for staff reply.

17 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
by_heath says

Thanks FlatKing. The ticket ID is: #JUR-918-48704

My frustration is exacerbated by having it happen twice in a row, after I left specific notes for the reviewer. I know it helps no one, but when you’ve heavily invested time and energy into something…

488 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+3 more
pixelentity says

I would suggest deleting the previous zips first, then update the new ones after having added a version prefix to the filename (like theme.v3.4.zip).

It happened to us in the past that uploading a new zip with the same name of the one still existing on envato server didn’t overwrite the old version.

BF

383 posts Code Is Poetry
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Europe
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+3 more
gljivec says

Yes, do what pixelentity suggested. Happened to us also, for the same reason.

17 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
by_heath says

Thanks guys. I had appended the main files and the theme files with a version number. I have submitted again and changed the file names completely and added to the notes for the reviewer. Hopefully he uses the right files.

by
by
by
by
by
by