22 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
lspoor says

So would I be allowed to keep what I have but add something else to make it more ‘unique’ or do I need to get rid of this 3 col layout?

1719 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+2 more
FinalDestiny says

It looks beautiful…It was rejected because of lack of unique items, while everyday there are a lots of items with the same structure as his design. This isn’t just right, but it’s reviewer’s decision.

4146 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
+9 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

So would I be allowed to keep what I have but add something else to make it more ‘unique’ or do I need to get rid of this 3 col layout?

No mate, you’re getting it wrong! Make it however you want, just add “your touch” to it! Keep the design you have now, but add something to make it different, or make it, less the same as the rest! :) If you get what I mean! :)

Note: these are my personal opinions as an individual member and author of this community and not representative of Envato Staff or the Envato Item Reviewers. My personal opinion does not guarantee the approval of this file for sale on the Envato Marketplaces.

973 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
aaranmcguire says

Note: these are my personal opinions as an individual member and author of this community and not representative of Envato Staff or the Envato Item Reviewers. My personal opinion does not guarantee the approval of this file for sale on the Envato Marketplaces.

I love the disclaimer haha..

4146 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
+9 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

I love the disclaimer haha..

Well, they are my opinions, and I have the mod badge, I don’t want anyone to think I’m a reviewer or I’m collaborating with the reviewers/author in any way! They are just my opinions! :)

199 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
DanThemes says

I know of cases where items got rejected for design reasons. And in these cases the designers were upset. But they each took the advice of the reviewer…

When you’re getting rejected because of your item’s lack of uniqueness and the reviewer points it as the only reason for it, “make your item more unique!” ain’t much of an advice. There is nothing specific about it. A little bit of personal feedback alongside the “[ThemeForest] Your uploaded item X needs improvement” email could be much helpful than just a copy-pasted generic paragraph… just my 2 cents.

474 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
rayoflightt says

Maybe it’s because of chicks in bikinis, there was a topic lately about this kind of images in theme previews. :D

Joking aside I would also love more personal feedback from reviewers. My templates also were rejected because “lack of unique” but I was asking support for explanation, waiting for the answer and got more precise feedback. That helped me a lot because I had no idea that reviewer think that one particular part of my template was bad and when he pointed it I got inspiration what to do with that and how to improve.

648 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
Dream-Theme says

Guys, come on! Envato made its marketplaces very open for new authors. (Less then a year ago it was IMPOSSIBLE to get to ThemeForest with generic looking item. Most of items were really unique. And getting to PSD category was THE EVENT for any author :D )

You’ve read the ThemeForest user agreement, right? Don’t forget that Envato does not owe you anything. Nobody is saying that if you will spend some time on creating something it will 100% be accepted to ThemeForest. It’s nothing personal: entrepreneurship is always = certain risks. How can you blame reviewers in it?

Stop childish complains and get back to work. You HAVE skills and talent to be approved.

55 posts Premium Web Developer
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
themepixels says

Guys, come on! Envato made its marketplaces very open for new authors. (Less then a year ago it was IMPOSSIBLE to get to ThemeForest with generic looking item. Most of items were really unique. And getting to PSD category was THE EVENT for any author :D )

You’ve read the ThemeForest user agreement, right? Don’t forget that Envato does not owe you anything. Nobody is saying that if you will spend some time on creating something it will 100% be accepted to ThemeForest. It’s nothing personal: entrepreneurship is always = certain risks. How can you blame reviewers in it?

Stop childish complains and get back to work. You HAVE skills and talent to be approved.

+1

Agree :)

26 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United States
arrowsuites says

Well lspoor, I don’t think there is any hope for me if your site design wasn’t approved.

It’s a shame that the same person reviews my design every time. He seems to not like it but others do. I’m starting to question the competence of the reviewer because he marked my submission as “nothing was changed” this last time. That is so far from true and I have no idea how he came to that conclusion. The reviewers clear their browser cache, right?

by
by
by
by
by
by