22 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
lspoor says

Okay I’m fuming now. THEMEFOREST IS AN ABSOLUTE JOKE . GET SOME NEW REVIEWERS .

I’ve updated 3 times and you still reject me. WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM .

4145 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
+9 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

Okay I’m fuming now. THEMEFOREST IS AN ABSOLUTE JOKE . GET SOME NEW REVIEWERS . I’ve updated 3 times and you still reject me. WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM .

I’m going to ask you again nicely to stop insulting everything. It’s the last time I do so. Afterwards I’m locking the thread and report you to higher staff!

You got all the possible constructive criticism! It’s just up to you now! If you get rejected, take a deep breath, and try again! If you don’t want to try again, they simply quit! You either work your head off, or you quit! :)

22 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
lspoor says

Okay I’m fuming now. THEMEFOREST IS AN ABSOLUTE JOKE . GET SOME NEW REVIEWERS . I’ve updated 3 times and you still reject me. WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM .

I’m going to ask you again nicely to stop insulting everything. It’s the last time I do so. Afterwards I’m locking the thread and report you to higher staff!

You got all the possible constructive criticism! It’s just up to you now! If you get rejected, take a deep breath, and try again! If you don’t want to try again, they simply quit! You either work your head off, or you quit! :)
I am working my head off, and its getting me no where!
4145 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
+9 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

That still doesn’t mean you should discharge your anger on the marketplace/reviewer for him doing his job. I got rejected @17 times on one file, what should I have done? Locate and exterminate the reviewer?

And I’m not the only guy around here with 10+ rejections on a file! Now, I get soft rejected, rejected once every 4/5 files! Improve, polish, update, add new things, be unique, add your own style! Those things count! :)

22 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
lspoor says

That still doesn’t mean you should discharge your anger on the marketplace/reviewer for him doing his job. I got rejected @17 times on one file, what should I have done? Locate and exterminate the reviewer?

And I’m not the only guy around here with 10+ rejections on a file! Now, I get soft rejected, rejected once every 4/5 files!
Improve, polish, update, add new things, be unique, add your own style!
Those things count! :)
That’s what I’ve done yet they still continue to reject. They’re not even looking at the changes they’re just clicking the damn reject button again!
5109 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

I know it can be frustrating when your item gets rejected, but calling down hate on our reviewers is not the path to success . If you feel like you haven’t received enough feedback from the reviewer on why, please open a Support ticket. Our reviewers look and so many files that it’s just not possible to give a detailed breakdown on each and every one.

1034 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
BenSheppard says

Insulting the people that review your items is never a good idea. Take everything on the chin. Updating 3 times is nothing, I had to change my “Coming soon” template a good 10 times before it got accepted. You need to make sure you leave your mark. It does look nice, but so do all the otherttemplates it looks like.
creative ideas can be hard to think of and add, but in the end it’ll be worth it.

26 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United States
arrowsuites says

I know it can be frustrating when your item gets rejected, but calling down hate on our reviewers is not the path to success . If you feel like you haven’t received enough feedback from the reviewer on why, please open a Support ticket. Our reviewers look and so many files that it’s just not possible to give a detailed breakdown on each and every one.

If only that were true :/

Open up a support ticket and you’ll get a response saying “post on the forums”. They told me that twice.

As for the OP, yeah, it’s frustrating, I know. However, Themeforest isn’t obligated to accept your submission. You can always open up your own competing marketplace or just sell it by yourself (and not have to pay them the 50-30%).

29 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Colombia
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
kokodesign27 says

If ull open Support ticket dont bother as ull get reply in maybe 1 month:)...As for review is good to say that moderators and privillage people get files accepted faster….If not put theme on other sale web pages as is many out there!..

Good luck

5 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
BinIdea says

Maybe Ispoor was so angry, but I think I can understand him. The reason of rejection sometimes is not clear, not unique enough ? I can see many themes have similar looking, but they were accepted, and that is why many people (like Ispoor) feel frustrating, especially the items usually take designers & coders too much time to finish, and then they are rejected in just 1-2 minutes by reviewers.

I think Themeforest should choose some super-pro developers to work and sell like monstertemplate, at least this will not waste much time from many non-pro (or less-pro) developers.

Currently themeforest is working like Market (allow all people to submit their works), but does not allow Market to decide to buy which works, only Reviewers have the rights to decide ! :crying:

by
by
by
by
by
by