596 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
MikeMoloney says

Hey everyone. Recently I submitted a flyer design. In my opinion it looked nice, and didn’t need changes. I submitted it and it got soft rejected just because I needed to fix the guidelines and the bleed. Then I resubmitted, and now it got rejected? This time it said it looked too bright, and didn’t have good design concepts? Personally I think this is extremely un-professional. Don’t get me wrong the reviewers have the right to say anything about the flyer. The reason I am mad though is because I had to wait 3 days after fixing the mistakes to resubmit it? Why is this? Why do things suddenly become a problem? It makes me kind of angry having to wait 3 more days. I mean I am not trying to be mean or rude, but I just think this was a little rude.

Does anyone agree? Or am I just raging hard? Also can anyone offer some feedback on the flyer? The two main issues were the bright pink party text, and the fresh drinks all night at the bottom…

http://gyazo.com/a62538c652b0b199ac46bd08e483db7d.png?1327620014

1313 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Indonesia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+2 more
canimalition says

Maybe you got different reviewer, first reviewer say is good and you got soft rejected, but the second say rejected and saying different what first reviewer say.

1313 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Indonesia
+2 more
canimalition says

And don’t forget at the end of messages for reviewer or on the first, write your reviewer name, so that you will get the same reviewer, not other :)

596 posts
+4 more
MikeMoloney says

Yes this could be true ;) Thanks for the tip! =]

3723 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
quickandeasy Moderator says
Moved to Item Discussion.
852 posts
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+3 more
chrisatlemon says

I definitely think it’s not right that an item which get soft rejected, then has the issues addressed and upon revising a soft rejection it gets hard rejected.

Did you mention in your message to the reviewer that this was a soft rejection and you had addressed all issues as requested?

On the other hand, looking at your file, I do see the reason for the Rejection. I’m surprised that this was accepted the first time round. Much of the text is really hard to read and I think it could you with more refinement in detail all around.

Cheers

Chris

596 posts
+4 more
MikeMoloney says

Yes I agree Chris it did have some issues, but I did address that I fixed all addressed items. But whatever. I fixed the brightness, and made the text easier to read and also added detail to many places. I will resubmit sometime tonight, and we’ll see what happens ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by