895 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
Koolgfx says

Hey guys, I need an help.

Unfortunately, while I was creating a new work, I noticed that I was working in RGB mode, but I needed to work in CMYK. So now, if I convert to CMYK the colors, obviously, get worse and they lost all the “vivid” effect. :S

How can I keep the colors vivid and “brilliant” as they were in the RGB mode? I’m aware that the amount of colors in CMYK is much reduced compared to RGB but there’s no method?? I’ve tried a lot of things, but for the moment I can not do much :(

Help me please, Thanks in advance guys.

654 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Azerbaijan
+1 more
ShapShapy says
1578 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
webdesignerart says

Hey guys, I need an help.

Unfortunately, while I was creating a new work, I noticed that I was working in RGB mode, but I needed to work in CMYK. So now, if I convert to CMYK the colors, obviously, get worse and they lost all the “vivid” effect. :S

How can I keep the colors vivid and “brilliant” as they were in the RGB mode? I’m aware that the amount of colors in CMYK is much reduced compared to RGB but there’s no method?? I’ve tried a lot of things, but for the moment I can not do much :(

Help me please, Thanks in advance guys.

Open psd file, click Image options and changes 8 bit to 16 or 32bit then change RGB to CMYK, It will work :)

895 posts
+10 more
Koolgfx says

Open psd file, click Image options and changes 8 bit to 16 or 32bit then change RGB to CMYK, It will work :)

I tried that but unfortunately this method does not work :(

1253 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Demorfoza says

Guys, did you read what author said? He knows how to convert a file, it’s just a color range problem.

I might be wrong here, but there’s not much you can do about it. You could play with Pantone colors, but I won’t help you here much. It’s still narrower range of colors than RGB, but far more than CMYK.

1578 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
webdesignerart says

I tried that but unfortunately this method does not work :(

Send me the PSD file i ll try it. [abdullah.media(AT)gmail.com}]

1432 posts Determined to give you nothing but the best!
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
mrcharlesbrown says

Era89, flatten all layers before converting to CMYK. This will save a good number of the vividness and vibrance because RBG to CMYK and vice versa conversion works better with a single layer. Mulitple layers will result to off colors. After the conversion, use some adjustment filters to boost up certain range of color strength/vividness.

69 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
MassiveMotion says
2636 posts Community Team
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+18 more
contrastblack Envato team says

Era89, flatten all layers before converting to CMYK. This will save a good number of the vividness and vibrance because RBG to CMYK and vice versa conversion works better with a single layer. Mulitple layers will result to off colors. After the conversion, use some adjustment filters to boost up certain range of color strength/vividness.

There’s no workaround, other than what mrcharlesbrown mentioned, short of manually adjusting the colours once the colour-profile was set to CMYK. Also, under the same umbrella, there’s the lovely banding issues that sometimes tend to appear once you go through with a conversion… I know this doesn’t help, but in the future, you should check the colour profile before you start any actual or major work, so that everything fits… I’ve had this all too often, so I’m not playing the teacher here :D just writing this in the hopes that I myself will remember to do it in the future…

895 posts
+10 more
Koolgfx says

Thanks all guys, I realized that unfortunately there are no methods. I have only to play with the Adjustments! :(

by
by
by
by
by
by