• Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Argentina
aurove says

Hi,

Ok, i am designer, and i am terrible trying to explain, so i will do my best.

I just find out today (searching for some images for my client) that like the others stock sites, PhotoDune does not have an automated name for the preview image.

If i see a file that i think it can work for the current project, then i right-click and save it to my desktop (for a quick mock-up); and i get file names like: “058” “002a” etc. So, i come back at the other day at PD, and then i must seach again for that picture (i know i have the “bookmark” option, but this is different), and if i put in the search fiel “058” or the filename of the image, i get no results, which may lead to a non-purchase action.

So, my suggestion is to name each preview image with the number of that file here at PD, because if i put in the search field that number, i go directly to the file.

Example of what happens today:

1. I found this picture of a stone with some really nice ribbons!
  2. Save it for a quick mock-up (default filename: “00egosy.jpg”)
  3. Is another day and i will buy the image “00egosy.jpg”, so i type in the search field “00egosy.jpg” and nothing happens. :(

Example of what will happen with the improvement:
  1. I found this picture of a stone with some really nice ribbons!
  2. Save it for a quick mock-up (default filename: “714918.jpg”)
  3. Is another day and i will buy the image “714918.jpg”, so i type in the search field “714918.jpg” and i am on that picture page! :D

I hope that makes sense.

1 post
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Canada
topchoicemedia says

WOW, a whole year with no reply.

I completely agree with this and I have actually been in a situation where I COULD NOT find an image that I had used in a mockup.

This is frustrating. I have begun renaming the images “photodune-ID.jpg” so I can find it later. If you search for the ID the image comes up right away.

Without a “Download Comp” option, save-as is the go to solution for using the images in mockups and like aurove said, sometimes the design process is not convenient and you need an image days or weeks after you originally used it.

This also hurts the photographer as well. Say I find a nice bikini image (while searching “Cute girl tanning on beach”), and it gets approved a week after I use the image. Now, a week later, all I know is I need to find this “bikini” image, so I search “bikini” and after clicking through page after page of images I just can’t seem to find the image I used.

SO, what do I do. I settle with a different image from a different photographer. Besides having to explain to the client that I changed the image because “it looks better”, the original photographer loses a sale because I couldn’t find his image.

by
by
by
by
by
by