1 post
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
jamiehayes says

OK, Mailchimp does not have its own widget. So I bought your simple version. It seemed that I had to buy $20 credit to get the $6 software. That did not allow me to buy it with my credit and so I paid another $6 and bought it. It does have a widget but the settings are in HTML . It is NOT simple. I now see that CodeCanyon is just a reseller and does not even check out the products that they sell. When I paid the $20, for the $6 product, I thought “I’ll probably get other products from them.” Now I won’t bother as I don’t trust them. It was worth blowing $26 to learn who not to buy from! Lick my wounds and learn my lesson.

1403 posts
  • Author had a File in a Mini Bundle
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United States
WebSmacker says

When you purchase an item, there is an option to use prepaid deposits. Also, you didn’t have to deposit $20 to buy, it would have just cost $2 more. Every item goes through a review process and there are many items rejected everyday. If you feel you were mislead when buying the product you can contact support and request a refund.

27 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
mymatch says

Hi JamieHayes

Sorry to hear of your bad experience using the marketplaces here, but I assure you, none of the authors of the products or the owners of the site are trying to rip you off.

Most authors offer excellent support if you ask them. Just go to the authors page who created the item you bought and you can email them with any problems you are having. I’m sure they will be more than happy to help you.

Also, if you are unsure of purchasing an item, most offer live demos so you can see it working and all items have Comments pages as well, so you can see if the author offers good support or if other buyers have had the same problem.

These marketplaces are a great place to get really good software, themes and more at very good prices.

Hope that helps :)

731 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+2 more
mordauk says

As said above, it’s best to contact the author from either their item page or their profile page. Most of the time (with a few unfortunate, rare exceptions) the authors will be more than happy to help you figure out the problem and answer any questions you have.

607 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Blog Editor
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Forum Moderator
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
+9 more
Siddharth Reviewer says

Please get in touch with the author and if that fails, get in touch with support.

Considering APIs change all the time, the item that you bought might be incompatible with a MailChimp update to their API .

by
by
by
by
by
by