13 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
nanodoc says

OK, my bad. I’m sorry I jumped to conclusions. Its the first time I’m using a mobile template, and I just know a little about using WP. So when I saw the same visual, it blew my mind. Thank you for apprising me of this, and my sincere apologies again. Martin

137 posts Get in the spotlight
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Halloween Competition Winner
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+2 more
FamousThemes says

Hi Martin,

Since we are the authors of that theme you bought. We can help you install it to make things easier for you.

So I guess if you paid 25 $ you definitely bought “My Mobile Page V2 Wordpress Theme” .It’s pretty clear by the title of this item what it is. We have never in the description of any mobile theme, named them apps, not to confuse the authors.

So any help you want installing the theme, we are here for you. Just us the contact form on our profile page to send us messages, or use the comments section to inform more.

Best Regards.

579 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
ChapterThemes says

Isn’t it time that when creating a normal account to buy items, people also need to take some sort of basic test?

I mean, some people just do not understand webdesign or even have the smallest understanding on how to run a website – and they somehow think it all magically works when purchasing an item. I understand why though, since they all get to see these beautiful previews etc. But even with the smallest understanding, the basics, people should know how to use the item at least.

Like i said before: Don’t buy a ferrari to drive if you don’t have a drivers license or even know how to start the car.

edit: Now i’m thinking about it. It’s probably for the best that it’s as easy as possible for people to purchase an item. So a test maybe isn’t that good of an idea..

234 posts What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
Prothemeus says

+1

13 posts
nanodoc says

Well, I’ll apologize for my fusing off last night about the product, and say I’m sorry again. I had had an incredibly long and frustrating day, and although I know very little about web design, I jumped to conclusions. I really don’t know the difference between an ‘app’ and a ‘theme’. This is a whole new world for me. At times I wish I was younger and grew up with computers. Will be 64 this year. I keep on thinking of that old Beatle song (‘Will you still leave me, will you still need me, when I’m 64?’ – Thought that age was so incredibly old when I first heard it, and now, well this year it will be a reality.- How time flies!!) Martin.

28 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
WA6 says

Since we are the authors of that theme you bought. We can help you install it to make things easier for you.

That’s a nice gesture on your part.

512 posts
AlexFjord says

Aside from the slightly aggressive thread title I think a lot can be leaned from nanodoc. While yes it was their misunderstanding, it was a genuine and far from uncommon beginner mistake AND they came to the right place to ask for help and when they understood the situation they had the decency to apologise and thank others for their help.

That is rare. Too often we see people come on here kicking off when they are at fault, never apologising when it is explained or they receive help from experts in the community and just vanish without any kind of thank you.

Both nanodoc and famous themes deserve respect for the way they have handled it and it just shows that manners and sensible behaviour gets results.

419 posts
  • Austria
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
iHelp says

Both nanodoc and famous themes deserve respect for the way they have handled it and it just shows that manners and sensible behaviour gets results.

+1
I also find it awesome that you, Martin, are getting to know more about apps and themes. I hope you will be able to use the item you bought to your convenience :) All the best

13 posts
nanodoc says

My Mobile Page V2 is available as both a WordPress and HTML product

The WordPress version still costs $25

The HTML Template costs $10

They are two different products and their prices have not changed.

You would install a WordPress theme to your existing WordPress installation. There is no exe required.

Does that help explain the situation?

EDIT: Haha sorry I see Dzinc has this covered, I’ll leave it to you :)

Do I ask for help here, or via a private mail to you? I still can’t get this theme onto my wp site. I’d sure appreciate assistance in doing it. Is there a phone number I can contact you? Thanks, Martin

707 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
ChillThemes says

Do I ask for help here, or via a private mail to you? I still can’t get this theme onto my wp site. I’d sure appreciate assistance in doing it. Is there a phone number I can contact you? Thanks, Martin

You contact FamousThemes here: http://themeforest.net/user/FamousThemes#from

by
by
by
by
by
by