6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
patriciaborns says

I bought a wp theme here. Should be simple, right? As soon as I buy it, themeforest warns there may be download issues, and sure enough, the zip downloads without the css style template!! Then themeforest says to go to a site and download some unzip software with admitted spam and virus issues!! Then themeforest says oops, use this other software—software that doesn’t execute!! Themeforest is also rude, and Themeforest hasn’t yet provided instructions for how to get a refund although that question has been asked repeatedly. With so many wp providers ot there that actually work, no one needs this Don’t buy here, and if you want a selling interface that makes you look good, don’t sell here either.

2459 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
digitalimpact says

1. Learn how to install a WordPress theme. It seems you’re uploading the whole package, which won’t work.

2. For refunds, contact support.

3. I use 7Zip and it just works. Though you don’t REALLY need any special software to extract a ZIP .

6 posts
patriciaborns says

Themeforest provides a zip file that I’m uploading from my site’s admin panel—which tells me to upload a zip file, not a document. I’ve found the folder you refer to containing lots of other folders including css files – are you suggesting to load them all manually one by one? I’ve never known a wp theme to require that … Anyway thanks for the refund link, will try that.

457 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+4 more
readactor says

ThemeForest provide a zip file what contain template documentation, psd files etc AND the template. course you cannot install in your WordPress the whole package downloaded from TF. check the link provided by digitalimpact at point #1 to learn how to do it.

regards

1012 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
purethemes says

Best thing to do would be to educate buyers. I’ve got more and more comments and mails like this, where buyers try to upload whole package from TF and all they have is bad experience because “something doesn’t work and it’s not my fault, give me refund”, and I see that here often.. Maybe some short info in download section would fix that problem.

27 posts
marketingguy1 says

Best thing to do would be to educate buyers. I’ve got more and more comments and mails like this, where buyers try to upload whole package from TF and all they have is bad experience because “something doesn’t work and it’s not my fault, give me refund”, and I see that here often.. Maybe some short info in download section would fix that problem.

Yeah, or you could put a readme file or pdf in with your themes which explains installation?

(and yes, I do know how to install a wordpress theme, it took me 30 seconds to work out that there was a zip inside of a zip, lol).

390 posts
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
EugeneO says

Yeah, or you could put a readme file or pdf in with your themes which explains installation? (and yes, I do know how to install a wordpress theme, it took me 30 seconds to work out that there was a zip inside of a zip, lol).
All Themeforest items are required to include documentation and most people include installation instructions (I certianly do). Even with the readme and the step by step installation instructions you get buyers uploading the entire download zip file.
27 posts
marketingguy1 says

Yeah, or you could put a readme file or pdf in with your themes which explains installation? (and yes, I do know how to install a wordpress theme, it took me 30 seconds to work out that there was a zip inside of a zip, lol).
All Themeforest items are required to include documentation and most people include installation instructions (I certianly do). Even with the readme and the step by step installation instructions you get buyers uploading the entire download zip file.

They are [edited by mod:language] then and can’t be helped. Cheers :)

4349 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

They are [edited by mod] then and can’t be helped. Cheers :)

Language please! :)

27 posts
marketingguy1 says

They are [edited by mod] then and can’t be helped. Cheers :)
Language please! :)

LOL , that word is really tame on this side of the pond!

by
by
by
by
by
by