511 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
steve314 says

Could you please be kind enough to send me a link to the project file so I can download for free.

It nice he did not ask for a free customization too!

59 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
dfranz1 says

Maybe it’s slightly offtopic, but the other day I went on one freelance website where I was working before, couple of years ago, just for fun to see the quotas that people give for projects. And in one of the projects, client stated that he needs advanced 3D work and provided a sample from youtube, 3D animation which he showed wasn’t done below $50.000. Clients budget, below $500. What’s even more funny, there was couple of guys that applied for the job :D I don’t get it :D

On freelance sites, you also get a lot of people based in India and similar countries which agree to do work for just ridiculous prices. Their portfolios aren’t have bad either. It’s tough to compete with that but not impossible. You just have to convince the client that you are worth the extra money.

55 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
PerfectFX says

Hi,

I absolutely adored the Cartoon Typography Display opener template, I really really really want to make my own customized video with that for my girl friend to support her in her work. Could you please be kind enough to send me a link to the project file so I can download for free. Would be forever grateful.

Kindest regards, Fahd

Well, at least this guy tried :D

cloud9communication
cloud9communication Recent Posts Threads Started
599 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in India
+3 more
cloud9communication says

Maybe it’s slightly offtopic, but the other day I went on one freelance website where I was working before, couple of years ago, just for fun to see the quotas that people give for projects. And in one of the projects, client stated that he needs advanced 3D work and provided a sample from youtube, 3D animation which he showed wasn’t done below $50.000. Clients budget, below $500. What’s even more funny, there was couple of guys that applied for the job :D I don’t get it :D
On freelance sites, you also get a lot of people based in India and similar countries which agree to do work for just ridiculous prices. Their portfolios aren’t have bad either. It’s tough to compete with that but not impossible. You just have to convince the client that you are worth the extra money.

i dont find anything wrong in doing work for less and it does’t not mean if you are charging extra money you are worth it the very first thing is if in india people charge 50$ for 4 hours work its less as when you convert it to indian Rupee it comes to Rs2500 and the average amount a freelancer gets in india is Rs500 per hour which comes to $10 per hour that is the reason ppl prefer working with indians

1001 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+7 more
baf2681 Envato team says

hah hilarious.

2354 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

@cloud9:

From one site: “I would like a few seconds of animation designed,that can be played as an introduction to videos I will make using my Flip Video Camera,that will be shown on my website or Youtube. I would like the animation to show a pair of wardrobe doors that open to reveal my company logo. The animation should be sophisticated,but with an element of fun! “

Budget: $20 – $30

55 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
PerfectFX says

i dont find anything wrong in doing work for less and it does’t not mean if you are charging extra money you are worth it the very first thing is if in india people charge 50$ for 4 hours work its less as when you convert it to indian Rupee it comes to Rs2500 and the average amount a freelancer gets in india is Rs500 per hour which comes to $10 per hour that is the reason ppl prefer working with indians
This is real life. Moreover, in Russia and in most Europe countries is the similar situation as in India. So, you guys here, actually, get much more for you work comparing to almost the whole world :O
177 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+3 more
InkVille says

that’s why I hate Indian clients… they expect custom logo animation kinda job for less than $100 and when you are done with it they want you to spend a week or so for changes or correction (of-course they won’t pay for extra time or work). They think animation is a magic, just wave a magic wand and kabboom animation is ready. Some clients are just annoying, after final render they will ask for minor changes and when you tel them that render is done then they will say it’s just a minor change na? How to tel them that you have to spend another couple of hours to render the whole thing again.

so we should not work for very less fees, simply reject the project and move on to new one.

Good graphics aren’t cheap and cheap graphics aren’t good.

5180 posts
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
+12 more
felt_tips Moderator says

This is real life. Moreover, in Russia and in most Europe countries is the similar situation as in India..
Which Europe are you living in?
5180 posts
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
+12 more
felt_tips Moderator says

Good graphics aren’t cheap and cheap graphics aren’t good.

Well put.

by
by
by
by
by
by