412 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
patrickjansen says

Some weird phenomena. I’m building a newsticker and all works… but between Event.COMPLETE, RSScomplete + init() script and the actual moment my animation appears there seems to be like 5 seconds delay and the “display” pops up already about 5 seconds into the ‘tweening/movement’ animation.

It’s got me stomped… the ENTER _FRAME is added right after all nessesary movieclips etc have been created. It traces a text out for me to check when it’s performed and then I get the 5 seconds blanco… after which the animation suddenly appears

Deduction says it MUST be the rss feed, that’s because I implemented both xml and rss input options and only the rss feed has this “bug”

Anybody any clue where to look for or what it could be?

412 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
patrickjansen says

never mind… started disabling until I got it figured out. Should have been obvious… was using rotationY (3D).

ps:Tip for rotationX/Y/Z usage, never have children continue being a child when outside the visible canvas, add an extra script to toggle add/remove child, that will make a big difference.

by
by
by
by
by
by