18 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+3 more
webarto says

Probably a stupid question but what does a programming language have to do with a network of websites?

This network of websites is built with that programming language, so, everything you see and click.

941 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
graphicmind says

Probably a stupid question but what does a programming language have to do with a network of websites?
This network of websites is built with that programming language, so, everything you see and click.

I thought it was HTML , CSS, JavaScript and some Flash?

632 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Thecodingdude says

Every website on the internet (every single one) has to have some sort of programming to exist. Everything related to modern day computers is programming. From loading this website, to the websites operation. Without programming languages we wouldn’t have the internet and awesome sites like Envato ^^. Without programming languages these “network of websites” wouldn’t even exist :)

There’s much more to programming than html css and javascript. These are the front end languages which can enhance the website’s functionality (client-side). Languages like ROR (server-side) allow you to tap into the backend and store things into databases (such as the forum’s messages), your items which you publish and much more important info!

941 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Canada
+3 more
graphicmind says

Every website on the internet (every single one) has to have some sort of programming to exist. Everything related to modern day computers is programming. From loading this website, to the websites operation. Without programming languages we wouldn’t have the internet and awesome sites like Envato ^^. Without programming languages these “network of websites” wouldn’t even exist :)

There’s much more to programming than html css and javascript. These are the front end languages which can enhance the website’s functionality (client-side). Languages like ROR (server-side) allow you to tap into the backend and store things into databases (such as the forum’s messages), your items which you publish and much more important info!

Very informative, thanks!

4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

I thought it was HTML , CSS, JavaScript and some Flash?

more in to it Rails is very popular web application framework for hosting it run on Ruby platform itself it let you collect information from the server like query/ database and it render your fully template in a very efficient way ,upgrading this frame work on such a scale like the envato market ,I am sure John is not sleeping so well this days :P then you have the core face of HTML , CSS , JavaScript bla bla…..

DiogoRedinDevelopment
DiogoRedinDevelopment Recent Posts Threads Started
566 posts
  • Located in Portugal
  • Contributed a blog post
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+4 more
DiogoRedinDevelopment says

@envato

Weren’t you going to change the Envato Marketplaces to Solaris, or something like that?

I remember seeing that written somewhere :)

431 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+9 more
john says

@envato

Weren’t you going to change the Envato Marketplaces to Solaris, or something like that?

I remember seeing that written somewhere :)

Not exactly. We’re in the process of converting the marketplace item/file search from using Sphinx as the underlying search tool to one called Solr (which will allow us to do much cooler stuff around refining your search around categories/attributes/price etc)

5360 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

I think this is still 3 hours away and not sure if this is related, but a customer posted a comment without a buyer’s badge but his previous comments had one. Could it be possible he got a refund or something? :0

131 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Member of the Envato Team
+1 more
notahat Envato team says

Hi folks.

We’re going to take FTP offline shortly, in order to get it set up for the change later in the day.

Don’t panic! It will be back soon. :)

431 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+9 more
john says

I think this is still 3 hours away and not sure if this is related, but a customer posted a comment without a buyer’s badge but his previous comments had one. Could it be possible he got a refund or something? :0

It’s not related, and I’m not 100% sure why that would be the case… can you please open a ticket with support and ask them to assign it over to tech support.

by
by
by
by
by
by