297 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Located in Italy
+1 more
Cinquequarti says

Hello, friends AudioJungle! I write these two lines just to understand a few things ; taking a tour of the site, i noticed several situations in contrast with those that I thought were clear rules of Aj.

First of all, the tags: i recently read that you can mention in the description of the track, the group or the artist similar to that particular audio track. The same thing goes for the tags? I ask this because not so long ago I was refused a track (soft rejection) as in tags I had added the name of an artist.

Second, what happens if an exclusive artist of AJ sells his works on other sites too? We speak, of course, of the same works. Apart from that it is really unfair to do such a thing, what would happen if the staff was aware of such conduct?

Last but not least, the situation regarding self promotion on VideoHive. There are many posts, not very old, in which some AJ authors explicitly call for VH authors to collaborate : i thought this thing was not permitted or was in disagreement with the lines of conduct on the forum.

Now, I ask these things to see if I’m confused or if I mistake not doing the same. What do you think?

936 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Russian Federation
+1 more
permian says

As for the first part.

As for the second, I thinks these people should be banned irrevocable and for eternity.

810 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Art-of-Sound says

1. You can mention now artists’ names in tags and description but not specific compositions. For example, you can write Coldplay but not Clocks.
2. Remixes of your exclusive portfolio can be sold on other sites.
3. VideoHivers are tired of those collaboration beggings but there are no rules against it.

297 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Italy
+1 more
Cinquequarti says

As for the second, I thinks these people should be banned irrevocable and for eternity.

I agree Permian! And thanks for the link: i’ve got it now!

936 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Russian Federation
+1 more
permian says

You’re welcome.
And just for the record, I have no idea what that “s” is doing after “think” in my post.

200 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
filmTones says

1. You can mention now artists’ names in tags and description but not specific compositions. For example, you can write Coldplay but not Clocks.
2. Remixes of your exclusive portfolio can be sold on other sites.
3. VideoHivers are tired of those collaboration beggings but there are no rules against it.
Art-of-Sound, when you say remix, do you mean just a different mix of the same basic tracks or something radically different like a dance remix?
810 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
+2 more
Art-of-Sound says
When I just started here I asked on the forums:
Let’s say I have a 7 minutes track on another website. If I edit out certain parts like vocals, etc. and create a new 5 minutes version, can it be sold here as an exclusive item?

The answer was yes.

200 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
filmTones says

When I just started here I asked on the forums:
Let’s say I have a 7 minutes track on another website. If I edit out certain parts like vocals, etc. and create a new 5 minutes version, can it be sold here as an exclusive item?
The answer was yes.

makes sense, thanks!

735 posts All things are possible, for one who believes.
  • Won a competition
  • Located in Canada
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
TimMcMorris says

Cinquequarti,

If an exclusive author is selling the same music on another site just let support know and they will take care of it :)

1467 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
LumenMedia says
+1

Cinquequarti, If an exclusive author is selling the same music on another site just let support know and they will take care of it :)
by
by
by
by
by
by