• Contributed a Blog Post
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+2 more
Stylius says

Whatever the market share for IE is, it is due to n00bs on the internet who don’t know how to download another browser and we are made to support IE by themeforest :( The % of people using IE would not be even knowing how to write a html page! :O I think that might change for some people with IE 10 but I am not in for it unless it has got a large number of developer tools like chrome or firefox :D

What do you mean by noobs? that everyone must know at least a bit of coding? Can you perform brain surgery? can you design a house? can you repair your car? can you drive a plane? It is your profession to know web development, and I’m sure that if people don’t know web development it is because they have better things to do and to learn. It is your task as a web designer to make websites, don’t expect everybody to know what you do and how you do it. ;)

3674 posts Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Netherlands
  • Community Moderator
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

Honestly? I don’t think I can ever objectively judge IE. Not after what they did to us with IE6 , and the way they kept dragging that out. It just feels like second nature to assume IE is miles behind the pack.

It’s not that I don’t take microsoft seriously, but I.. just can’t take microsoft seriously . :P

5313 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
CodingJack says

don’t expect everybody to know what you do and how you do it. ;)

Very true. Lots of web users are like my Mom, who only care about email, Facebook and online shopping. They have no idea what a “web browser” is.

103 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
sheko_elanteko says

There’s an answer to all these problems, Let’s just get back to using tables and everyone will be happy :D

5767 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

As of 2012-13 no matter if IE comes up with 10x times better than chrome or safari. IE lost its last chances with developer support (as well as users) and unless Microsoft makes a big hit on device/os equivalent to iPhone/iPad, there is no chance for IE10 or future versions.

Microsoft’s failure on browser war started immediately after poor IE8 release. It is actually very rare to gain similar bad name that gained by IE, so somersaults won’t help in the future. And remember that IE 10 requires Win 8 and probably IE 11 will require Win 9 :D

198 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
themeva says

I’m sure like many others, I couldn’t care less if it were any good, the fact remains because of Microsoft’s crappy choices, i.e. Forcing WinXP users to stay on IE8 , forcing Vista users to stay on IE9 , we will have to support their old crappy browsers for some time yet.

1478 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
+1 more
PixelBin says

Honestly? I don’t think I can ever objectively judge IE. Not after what they did to us with IE6 , and the way they kept dragging that out. It just feels like second nature to assume IE is miles behind the pack. It’s not that I don’t take microsoft seriously, but I.. just can’t take microsoft seriously . :P

I only heard of that reference in writing. Seeing that video and how fat, ugly, and sweaty the image of Microsoft is squealing a word over and over really explains why Microsoft fails at so many things they attempt.

806 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Art-of-Sound says

281 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Serbia
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
scrnjakovic says
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD9FAOPBiDk

Well microsoft maybe gave us best reply to this topic: “IE10 sucks…. Less. Progress.” Tbh I think this is one by far most honest and awesome commercial :)

Tho I still think IE sucks…

203 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
biyanpasau says

They’ve done a lot of changes on Windows. I think there will be something amazing happens in IE 10 , so I thought it would be good to give them a chance.

by
by
by
by
by
by