1702 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

I want to know, how do you deal with Russian sites posting download links with your works? Is there any special Russian law I should know about? What’s the best way to deal with this?

I am trying to take some of them down, but they ignore my mails and also their Russian based hosts.

Appreciate any reply.

155 posts
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
MNKY says

We are not Russian authors, but as we know, there is not much you can do about this, at least right now.

725 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
Dream-Theme says

Hi,

You can send a DMCA takedown notice / abuse directly to sites Hosting provider. Also let know site owners about that fact.

A quick question: why are you not asking about how to deal with Chinese or Brazilian or Ukrainian or other countries sites (where copyright law is not working properly)? This is odd..

1702 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
dnp_theme says

A quick question: why are you not asking about how to deal with Chinese or Brazilian or Ukrainian or other countries sites (where copyright law is not working properly)? This is odd..

I cannot make a difference between Ukrainian and Russian websites. I don’t speak the language.

470 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
virtuti says

Yes, of course such law does exist. I tried a few years ago to “threaten” all these sites (with a reference to this law) about illegal sales of mp3s of music I produce. In most cases the reply was just a silence, and once I got a stunning answer: “You must send us a legal document certified by attorney that you are a record label owner, producer and have rights to these albums”. After that case I washed my hands. They keep selling mp3s, I keep releasing CDs.

1411 posts
  • Contributed a blog post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Europe
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
Stylius says

OMG, I canĀ“t believe this is happening again. I actually feel pity for your ignorance.

I cannot make a difference between Ukrainian and Russian websites. I don’t speak the language.

:(

by
by
by
by
by
by