37 posts ozythemes.com
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
freevision says

Hi guys,

this morning I saw lined up 2 sales reversal on my statement. recently this is happening very often like every 2 days. I started to worrying after each sale if it gets reversal. It’s pretty annoying.

I opened several tickets to envato stuff. In every time they just reply me by automated explanations such as Envato has no payment recieved from buyers. So I opened this thread to share my worries with all fellow authors. Sincerely I think Envato must do something to protect us.

We’re authors who sale digital products. After payment the buyer have direct access to download item. Once it has downloaded there is no turning back. The one who refund the money back will have also my product which we’re spending months to create. That is a loss for both side. The issue is very sensitive and open for con. Obviously bad intented people have seen this gap and using it againts us.

Am I missing something here? In the last a few days it happened more than 6 times to me and it won’t stop. It’s a growing threat for entire market. I invite you all to give a voice and share your ideas.

Please Envato protect us againts con! :(

Thanks

3556 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

I had only two reversals until now. One two months ago and one this month so i don’t really care about them. Interesting how some authors have more than others..

276 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
Kopyov says

User pays with paypal. Envato waits for payment, positive – item is available for download, negative – not available. If everything is fine, user will be able to download purchased product in 5 minutes. I don’t want to give away a free copy of my product. Nobody wants

247 posts themesdepot.org
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has referred 10+ members
+6 more
ThemesDepot says

I read somewhere that user that makes the reversal is then banned, is that true? What is banned, his Envato profile or his paypal email address?

I would like for both of them.

37 posts ozythemes.com
+5 more
freevision says

I had only two reversals until now. One two months ago and one this month so i don’t really care about them. Interesting how some authors have more than others..

Yes mate, interesting I had more than 6 times in a few days. I’m sure there are others having the same. Anyway we’ll wait and see.

2028 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+9 more
revaxarts says

At least they should be named on the Statement page…

37 posts ozythemes.com
+5 more
freevision says

I read somewhere that user that makes the reversal is then banned, is that true? What is banned, his Envato profile or his paypal email address? I would like for both of them.

Envato says that their access has revoke for the item but IMO it’s not a complete solution. :(

3556 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

Yes mate, interesting I had more than 6 times in a few days. I’m sure there are others having the same. Anyway we’ll wait and see.

So yeah.. it make me wonder if these were not intentional (6 times in a few days is really a lot).. Maybe someone found this and took advantage. But my mind could be also exaggerating :D

37 posts ozythemes.com
+5 more
freevision says

User pays with paypal. Envato waits for payment, positive – item is available for download, negative – not available. If everything is fine, user will be able to download purchased product in 5 minutes. I don’t want to give away a free copy of my product. Nobody wants

That s what I’m saying mate, we have no free item to give away. It’s completely seems con to me.

37 posts ozythemes.com
+5 more
freevision says

So yeah.. it make me wonder if these were not intentional (6 times in a few days is really a lot).. Maybe someone found this and took advantage. But my mind could be also exaggerating :D

Hope you’re right and I’m exaggerating :) I can deal with it if it’s stop but what if its continue?

by
by
by
by
by
by