1791 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

Why can’t you just understand they can’t do anything? It’s not because of them, it’s because of PayPal. And if they’d remove PayPal just to have less reversals, we’d have a massive drop in sales, which I don’t agree to, I prefer to have more sales and a few reversals vs low sales and no reversals.

4337 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

Why can’t you just understand they can’t do anything? It’s not because of them, it’s because of PayPal. And if they’d remove PayPal just to have less reversals, we’d have a massive drop in sales, which I don’t agree to, I prefer to have more sales and a few reversals vs low sales and no reversals.

From an author standpoint: Agreed! :)

7604 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Why can’t you just understand they can’t do anything?

we don’t because is not true.

paypal and skrill have merchant protection.

to get lower transaction fees envato renounced to merchant charge back and fraud protection.

authors create items, enavto run the marketplace (including handling the clients and payments) and the transaction fee are paid by envato from their part of the deal.

instead of working with paypal and skrill to find a way on protecting against this scams they decided the risk go to authors.

Those fees are quite high unfortunately, I can understand why they chose this road but this choice has also a cost.

39 posts ozythemes.com
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
freevision says

Why can’t you just understand they can’t do anything?

we don’t because is not true.

paypal and skrill have merchant protection.

to get lower transaction fees envato renounced to merchant charge back and fraud protection.

authors create items, enavto run the marketplace (including handling the clients and payments) and the transaction fee are paid by envato from their part of the deal.

instead of working with paypal and skrill to find a way on protecting against this scams they decided the risk go to authors.

Those fees are quite high unfortunately, I can understand why they chose this road but this choice has also a cost.

+1 mate.

1791 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Located in United States
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

doru, that is not true. I can buy your item then go to my bank and say that the transaction was fraudulent and they’ll cancel it. Envato no longer gets the money and there’s nothing they can do. Same thing happens with PayPal and all the big online shops that use PayPal. When there’s a dispute between a seller of a digital product and a buyer, the buyer ALWAYS, ALWAYS wins it, NO MATTER WHAT. Not in the Envato’s case, but in every case.

39 posts ozythemes.com
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
freevision says

Please don’t get me wrong :) but hypothetically would you be happy if I’d steal your precious hours of creations and say this is an unauthorized transaction? As I clarify before we all know currently Envato can’t do anything. All I’m saying we can’t ignore these kind of scam issues. There has to be a better way to cover this vulnerable points.

I think it’s time to off this thread and hope it doesn’t happen anymore. I’d expect from all fellow authors to be more sensitive.

7604 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

doru, that is not true. I can buy your item then go to my bank and say that the transaction was fraudulent and they’ll cancel it. Envato no longer gets the money and there’s nothing they can do. Same thing happens with PayPal and all the big online shops that use PayPal. When there’s a dispute between a seller of a digital product and a buyer, the buyer ALWAYS, ALWAYS wins it, NO MATTER WHAT. Not in the Envato’s case, but in every case.

yes sure, except again you are not correct, read this

https://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=m_fraudcontrol

and here

https://www.moneybookers.com/ads/merchant-account/fees/
741 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
+5 more
Dream-Theme says

This time there’re 2 reversals in the row. Just one after another. It’s clear that someone bought 2 templates and then reversed the purchase. There were no negative comments or feedback of any sort.

I observe significant number of sales reversals in general. I assume, that some people are “exploiting” this “bug” over and over and over again…

Also I have a question to Envato staff. What happens with purchase codes of reversed sales? Are they being canceled? Or we are providing free support to scums?

251 posts themesdepot.org
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has referred 10+ members
+6 more
ThemesDepot says

This time there’re 2 reversals in the row. Just one after another. It’s clear that someone bought 2 templates and then reversed the purchase. There were no negative comments or feedback of any sort.

I observe significant number of sales reversals in general. I assume, that some people are “exploiting” this “bug” over and over and over again…

Also I have a question to Envato staff. What happens with purchase codes of reversed sales? Are they being canceled? Or we are providing free support to scums?

+1 would like to know as well, notified staff to reply to this post.

633 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
UBLThemes says

Actually most of you are wrong about paypal…

Paypal do not give buyers protection on “INTANGIBLE ITEMS”!

For those of you who do not know what intangible means… Digital Items/Items you can not physically touch and feel!

Please see this link

I know this because I use this all the time on my store which sells php scripts to the public.

Envato can fight reversals but choose not too.

The reason for this is for a number of reasons.
  1. Amount of disputes per day
  2. Staff hours to dispute each claim
  3. Hassle when its not needed as they are not losing anything, they just are not gaining.
by
by
by
by
by
by