25 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
Wspanels says

In the month of August, I began to disclose my affiliate links on youtube, just received 13 clicks, but okay, I know that competition is not easy, since then clicks were increasing and I am getting 200-300 clicks, not is very true, but compared to the month of August is almost 20x, I know that in a few months I may be getting 10,000 click. I decided to create my site, after several days inserting themes and improving the look, could sell two themes for a client here in Brazil. The problem, the clicks and sales were not counted in my affiliate account, I opened a support ticket on Envato many hours ago, no response. After I spend several weeks with my site, I am completely unwilling to continue. I no longer believe in ThemeForest as a good affiliate program. Yes, you will say, I get X per month, ok, I believe you, but my question is: Do you sell only X?

1729 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Beta Tester
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+3 more
FinalDestiny says

If that user visited ThemeForest before, the click won’t be counted.

246 posts JoomFX.com
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Bulgaria
joomfx says

Man, the Affiliate Program works just fine :)

As FinalDestiny told you, if a particular user has visited Themeforest from another referral link before, then if he registers, through one of your links, you will not get any commission. The commission will go to the “owner” of the first link the user has visited Themeforest from. The reason for this is, that the information is kept in the browser cookies.

If you are not getting any clicks, then you need to double-check your links.

But do not expect to get a “sale” from each click. For example, I get between 1000 and 2000 clicks per month and I get 15-25 referrals :)

25 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Wspanels says

If that user visited ThemeForest before, the click won’t be counted.

Hi, thanks for reply. yes i know, but this customer / friend cleared all cache browser

25 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Wspanels says

Man, the Affiliate Program works just fine :)

As FinalDestiny told you, if a particular user has visited Themeforest from another referral link before, then if he registers, through one of your links, you will not get any commission. The commission will go to the “owner” of the first link the user has visited Themeforest from. The reason for this is, that the information is kept in the browser cookies.

If you are not getting any clicks, then you need to double-check your links.

But do not expect to get a “sale” from each click. For example, I get between 1000 and 2000 clicks per month and I get 15-25 referrals :)

hi, thank you. Yes, my links are 100% ok, I check each link carefully if my links were wrong and could have other clicks?

3424 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+5 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

I assume ThemeForest also tracks referrals by IP and not just cookies, otherwise anyone could clear their cookies and game the system.

The policy is that if they’ve already visited the site, you won’t get a referral commission.

25 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Wspanels says

I assume ThemeForest also tracks referrals by IP and not just cookies, otherwise anyone could clear their cookies and game the system. The policy is that if they’ve already visited the site, you won’t get a referral commission.

Hello, thank you, and why, the clicks were not counted?

3424 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • United States
+5 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

I assume ThemeForest also tracks referrals by IP and not just cookies, otherwise anyone could clear their cookies and game the system. The policy is that if they’ve already visited the site, you won’t get a referral commission.

Again, only new visitors are counted. Users who have previously visited the marketplace don’t count toward referrals.

I can assure you that the referral system works, I make a good number of referrals each month:

If you aren’t getting referrals, you likely aren’t targeting the right audience, so refining your targeting should be your main objective.

Good luck!

675 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Philippines
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+1 more
dexterous says

Again, only new visitors are counted. Users who have previously visited the marketplace don’t count toward referrals.

I can assure you that the referral system works, I make a good number of referrals each month:

If you aren’t getting referrals, you likely aren’t targeting the right audience, so refining your targeting should be your main objective.

Good luck!

wow, this is cool.. I have only 7 registered users so far :-|

25 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Wspanels says

Sorry i do not understand, your conversion rate is 5%, less if my were 1% I would have sold at least 3 themes, but after almost 300 clicks, I have no record if one wants!

by
by
by
by
by
by