42 posts
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Osetin says

Hey, for the last month and a half my new WP theme was selling very good, at least 10 sales per day stable and every week got to the “Popular Files” page. But for the last 48 hours there are 0 sales. Is there any reason for that? Maybe change in search algorithms? Let me know if somebody else has the same issue.

1536 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

Ah yes, this is that spooky thing… we had a html that was for I think 5 month on top that all of the sudden one week it dropped 50% and from that day it never recovered, why? Really don’t know.

I do notice top items advertise a lot but really a lot, there banners keep popping up everywhere i just want to know are they doing that a lone?

I really struggled finding a reason why sales drop all of the sudden for some and for some they just keep going on.

368 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
QBKL says

I do notice top items advertise a lot but really a lot, there banners keep popping up everywhere i just want to know are they doing that a lone?

That’s not particularly a proof they advertise “a lot”. And even if they do, other people won’t see those ads with the same frequency you do. You see them more often due to Google’s Remarketing campaign types. These ads keep targeting you based on cookies and terms relating to themes, ThemeForest or previous theme and author pages you might have visited in the past.

Regards, Alex

1536 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

I do know that, i just wanted to know who is financing those adds do the market this themselves or envato?

3576 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

I do know that, i just wanted to know who is financing those adds do the market this themselves or envato?

Envato. When you hit a certain mark as Elite author you get a certain amount of money to spend on these promotions, but i’m sure that you know that.

Anyway, they are starting to be pretty useless as the staff confirms and we’ve also seen it.

529 posts Dream big
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
+4 more
pixel-industry says

I doubt that Envato is advertising those items. I mean it wouldn’t be fair to other authors… I think they advertise by themselves.. Btw, we also noticed big sales drop for the last two days.. I think that maybe people are going on vocations.. It’s the end of July..

Edit: But you get amount for marketing… Doesn’t it mean than that you must make a campaign by yourself. or Envato does that job too?

158 posts World Director
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
dedalx says

I doubt that Envato is advertising those items. I mean it wouldn’t be fair to other authors… I think they advertise by themselves.. Btw, we also noticed big sales drop for the last two days.. I think that maybe people are going on vocations.. It’s the end of July.. Edit: But you get amount for marketing… Doesn’t it mean than that you must make a campaign by yourself. or Envato does that job too?

Envato will not give you money. They will made campaign automaticaly for item that you choose (they create ads image, configure anything, etc). You will not have any access to statistic for this campaign and can’t see how it goes and who bought your items from campaign.

4679 posts Love & Light
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

Also noticed a drop in sales on the 24th which was the lowest sales day of the month.. interesting

272 posts New Elite in Town!
  • Won a competition
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+6 more
icypixels says

Actually the past two days have been one of the best over the past 30 days for me. Nothing extraordinary, with tens of sales, but a bump from the regular 3-4 sales during the summer months.

79 posts Innovative Magical Ideas
  • Won a competition
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+4 more
imithemes says

Actually the past two days have been one of the best over the past 30 days for me. Nothing extraordinary, with tens of sales, but a bump from the regular 3-4 sales during the summer months.

Interesting, same here. The last 2 days were the best for my sales, Amazing rise in sales compared to lazy last week ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by