117 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
Legues says

Legues I sent you a pm with links.
Thanks a lot matey!!!! I really appreciate your help!! :) I did a support ticket with this situation!!! :) I don´t believe why Envato in general is so “calm” in this kind of situation – we lose money but they too!!!!!!
Unfortunately my friend the money they loose are basically peanuts for Envato. The earnings envato makes from all the gr authors combined cannot even reach the 1/10 of a medium caliber theme from the forest. So they just don’t care
Funny this comment!!! Do you think that Themeforest market don´t suffer with piracy websites?? Start a soft search on google!!! There exist websites that publish in real time the newest websites launched on Themeforest!!! They don´t care???!!! WI don´t think so…
You are right on this buddy but still the money envato makes are uncountable and most theme authors have developed an update system only for their clients. So when essential browser updates come in to play may affect the functionality of the earlier theme versions and no licence means no update (at least more difficult)!!!

Let´s see if they do something about this subject!!! :)

1739 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

Yeah you guys get some points here. All of the Envato Marketplace suffers from piracy. With themes on TF; no license (piracy) = no update + no support (if the author provide support) + malicious code attached. But with graphic item, what you see is what you get…

6 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Italy
+1 more
Shinja says

what you see is what you get…

That’s what bothers me. GR items are basically “one shot items”, no updates, or maybe just in few cases. Everybody spends a lot of hours working on a project (with a lot of italian espresso, in my case) and then find it shared for free into the web. This damages Envato and us, and mekes me feel my work underrated. If I would do free kit I’d not need try sell it on Envato.

2098 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Best moustache of Envato's Movember Australia contest
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

That’s what bothers me. GR items are basically “one shot items”, no updates, or maybe just in few cases. Everybody spends a lot of hours working on a project (with a lot of italian espresso, in my case) and then find it shared for free into the web. This damages Envato and us, and mekes me feel my work underrated. If I would do free kit I’d not need try sell it on Envato.

I have found my items shared so much now i just cant keep up and on most site i would have to sign up just to complain, i just don’t have the time!

117 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
Legues says

I have found my items shared so much now i just cant keep up and on most site i would have to sign up just to complain, i just don’t have the time!

I just think that this is something that graphicriver team has to do, not us!!!!! Of course we can help them reporting some files piracy, but this is someting that they should do in their job routine!!!! Am i wrong?

6 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Italy
+1 more
Shinja says

but this is someting that they should do in their job routine!!!! Am i wrong?

Totally agree.

141 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Sealord says

Of course we can help them reporting some files piracy, but this is someting that they should do in their job routine!!!
I have written in that case several support tickets but the tickets were set on “closed” without comment. I have now an item sold only once with a “sales reversal” after a couple of days and now this item appears on a warez site. :(
5369 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

A note Piracy discussions in the forums

Please do not post any threads discussing or link to piracy and/or warez sites. These do more damage than good and will be locked or disabled.

Report any copyright, piracy, or warez violations to Envato Support, and see the Knowledgebase for info on Copyright Support.

Also, don’t worry if someone from Support doesn’t respond to your ticket, they’ll be investigating it but not necessarily contacting you about it :) Sadly some sites are near impossible to take down and they just pop up again somewhere else. Support will do the best it can.

by
by
by
by
by
by