• Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
+1 more
Kopyov says

Hey guys,

I’m just collecting some information about sales. Could please someone share in general, what is the statistics for WP themes? I mean first month = average 100 sales, second month = 80 sales, 3rd – 6th month = 50 sales etc. Just want to create a model of averages.

381 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+1 more
redfactory says

There’s really not constant here. Some themes keep selling like hot cakes, and some stop selling after a few weeks. Our restaurant theme has been selling quite good with steady sales for almost 10 months now. Our other themes are selling way differently. Depends on the niche I think :)

964 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+2 more
purethemes says

And sometimes when you’re theme is featured on some popular blog it gets second life ;) Happend to me once, one of my themes got around 150 sales and it almost stopped, then after couple of months someone show it on really popular page, and it got suddenly 2x more sales.

I think most of top selling themes get high traffic from other sources than Themeforest itself.

269 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
Kopyov says

thanks for replies. I understand that there is no any constant, but that would be interesting to see at least approximate numbers :)

For marketing stuff – yeah, agree with you. That’s not enough to just upload one theme and sit in a chair with bottle of beer and relax :) But again, it depends.

964 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+2 more
purethemes says

That’s not enough to just upload one theme and sit in a chair with bottle of beer and relax :) But again, it depends.

don’t want to star this discussion again, but looking at envato rates, it should be enough ;)

1026 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
fillerspace says

Our restaurant theme has been selling quite good with steady sales for almost 10 months now. Our other themes are selling way differently. Depends on the niche I think :)

I’m working on my first theme, which admittedly is as mainstream as they come, but once that one is submitted, I plan to go after these niche categories like restaurants, salons, churches, law firms, photographers, bands, etc. They have a good chance at selling regularly for a longer period of time. The business/portfolio themes burn out as soon as the next big theme is released.

by
by
by
by
by
by